WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Current Money-Making Trends

dayDreamerdayDreamer subscriber Posts: 40 Bronze Level Member
edited January 2009 in Home-Based Businesses

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know any current money-making trends?  I`m looking for more creative ways to make some extra change.  Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,
DayDreamer (in Action)

Comments

• WebJunkyWebJunky subscriber Posts: 8 Member
    you mentioned extra change in your question, so i am assuming you are looking for something in your spare time that you can do when you have availability?

have you considering blogging for dollars? or writing articles as a freelancer?  webdesign projects here and there?  i guess it comes down to what your strengths and interests are.  what do you enjoy doing? there is a need for pretty much any skill today and there are resources set up (i.e. elance) to allow you to work part time.

some time back i was looking for something similar and i ran into paid surveys. i started playing around with them and fast forward to today i have developed it into a passive business. it has taken the power of a serious recruitment effort but the rewards have been phenomenal for me.  i had not dreamt of such results. if you want to read a bit about my experience you can visit the link i have below.

or is there a topic/niche you are interested in? have you considered developing a website around that niche? i have also been successful earning extra money developing a site around certain niches. revenues come mainly from google adsense and affiliate marketing. it is quite a common way to earn extra money today. i have a link below about this as well if you want to learn more.

bottom line is that figure out what you enjoy doing and then find existing proven business models and apply it to what you like doing.  just like your quote indicates, if you love what you do then success will come to you.

good luck and let us know what you choose and how it goes!
  • davincivirtualdavincivirtual subscriber Posts: 1 Member
    It has been my experience that freelancing and blog writing don`t pay extraordinarily well. So, if you are only looking for a bit of cash, try blogging. You can also run a quick Google Search for social media jobs...people are often looking to hire and outsource that type of work...though you would have to be familiar with it...
  • Tabor88Tabor88 subscriber Posts: 3
    Well there could be tons of ways to make some extra change. 
    But one thing I know for a fact is that if you want to make some MONEY, then you will need to sell products and services that correlate with the times we are living in.  And since the economy is one of the biggest concerns right now, the financial services industry is booming.  Feel free to check out my site for a great ground floor opportunity into this industry. 
    Tabor8811/29/2008 2:37 AM
    daydreamer,

it`s been 2 months since you started this thread and we all contributed. any updates? what did you finally decide and how is it going for you? do come and update us....

always curious what`s going on with the entrep community
  • dayDreamerdayDreamer subscriber Posts: 40 Bronze Level Member
    Hi there,

Well, my husband and I have started an event planning business.  It`s going well; we`ve only done one event, but that`s a start!  It`s amazing what people will pay you to do simply because they don`t have the TIME even though they may have the ABILITY!
    do not forget, time = the opportunity to make money.  we all are on the same 24 (48) hour clock.  priorities, obligations and demands vary but the needs remain needs at the end of the day. it is the need that creates the opportunity for an entrepreneur to fill in the gap.

in simpler english, if i can make $200 an hour doing "my work", then why would i spend 3 hours doing something i can pay someone else $100 to do? simplistic but it drives the point...
  • venmalathyvenmalathy subscriber Posts: 0
    Online Money making is best way....I am earning money from Online.I am doing Domain name Reseller business and selling bulk of Domain names and Earning Online...You can get the Domain name reseller account at low cost from www.Goresellers.com sell bulks of Domain and other Domain related services and earn online....
  • cangofastercangofaster subscriber Posts: 0
    Nice! Glad to see that you started something (anything is a start!) -- my sister-in-law has a side-business running a niche event planning business in the UK and loves it (though it does get very time consuming). Hope it goes well (and make sure your clients are happy and post good reviews - you can get a lot of word-of-mouth traffic if you do a good job!)
    Also, you may want to look at making a local website and then focusing on some basic 'search engine optimization' to find more potential customers.
    Best of luck!
  • OnesmartOnesmart subscriber Posts: 0
    Online money making jobs working from home in part time get legal and genuine ways to get paid online simply doing internet work from your home.Get help information aboutAffiliate MarketingBloggingClassified Ads
    Email MarketingForex TradingPay Per ClickSEM & SEOSocial MediaVideo Marketing