WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Online business ideas

SandyySandyy subscriber Posts: 1
edited October 2008 in Selecting a Business
I am a full time web programmer and am anxious to start an online website that I could make money from. I have been thinking of some ideas but most of them are already present. I would really appreciate if you guys can provide some ideas. Thanks.

Comments

• WebJunkyWebJunky subscriber Posts: 8 Member
    sandy,

what is your core competency? what is your advantage over someone else? what do you enjoy? find overlaps in all your answers as a starting point.  there is so much out there and you can be successful with pretty much anything you want as long as the ethic and diligence is there.  your choice matters as well but then again success is relative isnt it?  doing something you truly enjoy will reward you with the best results in my opinion.  have you considered web design? writing software for something in much need? (facebook application, something for cell phones?). i thought id suggest those seeing as you are a programmer and can probably do many things just the average joe can`t.

what have you done so far? any experience? what about an information based website to make money from ads? what about selling a product you know a lot about or have a good source to get good deals from?

keep us posted on what you do and where it takes you!

good luck