WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Ghostwriters

aciafreaciafre subscriber Posts: 2
Hi all,

First time poster, so bare with me.

I found this site through an article written on CNNFN a couple of months ago and I think its great.  It has been very helpful reading some of the other topics while I`m creating my business news website.

In one of the other topics someone mentioned something about ghostwriters that will write for your website.  I want to know where I can find these writers to write for my site?  Are there companies that provide this service?  How much do they usually charge per article?

Thanks for your time and help!

Tony

Comments

• aciafreaciafre subscriber Posts: 2
    Thanks for the links, Craig.

Yea I was doing a google search on "ghostwriters" and finding the autobiography stuff.  I`ll google "content writers".
  • vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    I know these people, they do a good job and I`m sure their rates are reasonable.http://professional-website-content.com/

~Roland
  • DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141

Hi all, In one of the other topics someone mentioned something about ghostwriters that will write for your website.  I want to know where I can find these writers to write for my site?  Are there companies that provide this service?  How much do they usually charge per article? Thanks for your time and help!    Hello Tony: I suspect you`re referring to this paragraph from my article, How to Get FREE Traffic By Writing Articles: "It`s important to write as many articles as you can, as quickly as you can. This is the hardest part about writing articles for most people - being disciplined enough to write a bunch of articles.The excuses I hear most often are, "But I can`t write." Or "I`m too busy to write articles."Here`s my answer to that. Either make the time or hire an affordable ghostwriter over at http://elance.com. Just make sure you check their credentials carefully. After all, all writers are not created equal." Dale King DKing5/9/2008 11:22 AM
  • DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
    A "ghostwriter" tends to apply more to someone who`s writing someone else`s autobiography.

In the traditional sense, yes. But the traditional definition hasn`t been true since the advent of the internet. Nowadays, anyone who writes content anonymously for someone else, whether it`s articles, sales letters or webcopy can be considered a ghostwriter.

Dale King
    DKing5/9/2008 11:32 AM
  • aciafreaciafre subscriber Posts: 2
    Thanks guys, these are all helpful tips.
  • WebJunkyWebJunky subscriber Posts: 8 Member
    aciafre,

i agree with dale and nikole...writers come in all fonts, colors and flavors.  elance.com is a very popular choice amongst many.  also consider craigslist.com, as you can often find writers nearby that you can meet and greet prior to getting started with your project.  some people value that human touch a lot. 

my 2 cents would be to check their previous work.  many writers (if truly confident) will be more than happy to provide you with previously written material.  search their name / company on google to see if they have any reviews/recommendations anywhere out there online.  try to negotiate a payment method where you don`t have to pay the full price until you are happy with the work provided to you (consider installment methods).  you can also ask them for referrals of previous clients who you can email to find out more about the writer.

just some basic due diligence tips to keep in mind before opening your wallet.

let us know how it goes for you and good luck!