WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Website Development Firms

DavidHDavidH subscriber Posts: 1
edited November 2008 in Building A Website That Works
Let`s talk about web development (design, programming, etc.) firms! For
those of you who have experience (whether you operate such
a business or paid one to create your site), please share them. As a
launching pad, consider writing on the following:

1) Pointers (this includes recommending specific companies)
2) Pitfalls (not just with respect to scams/fraud, but the little things to watch out for)
3) Prices (numbers, of course, but also how to spot great value propositions)

Thanks!

Comments

• LogoMotivesLogoMotives subscriber Posts: 15
    DavidH -Just want to give you a quick recommendation for researching some great web design/development firms - Creative Latitude Designer Profiles.In determining web site wants/needs I also always recommend my friend Ilise Benun`s book, Designing Websites for Every Audience.I am often hired to be the design consultant for web site projects and the biggest issues I see on a regular basis are site being visually over-designed (with the product/service getting lost in the flashy presentation) and navigation that makes using the site difficult for even the most Internet savvy user.- J.
  • laboriousmelaboriousme subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi all
    I wold like to introduce ourselves as one of the leading companies from India catering complete web solution.
    We specialize in the following:Website DesigningWebsite DevelopmentWebsite MaintananceWebsite PromotionSoftware DevelopmentMarketing PresentationsImage ProcessingSearch Engine OptimizationFlash AnimationPayement GatewayE-CommerceDomain Name RegistrationLogo Designing
    If you have specific requirement please feel free to contact me.
    Our competitve advantage is that you will find our prices very reasonable, this has been made possible by mantaining stringent quality for the last 7 years.
    Regards
    Mayank Agrawal
    mascotmayank@yahoo.co.in
  • WebJunkyWebJunky subscriber Posts: 8 Member
    one small simple advice that has helped me at every step....outsource whatever you want as much as you want but make sure you know how to "work it" in the instance your outsourcer is gone.

in english, if you get your website developed, then sit down with the developer and understand what was done, how to make edits, handle the backend, server configuration, uploading files, etc. 

so many people are left clueless and helpless after having their sites developed.  what if you want to make changes?