WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

I need advice...

zacharywalkzacharywalk subscriber Posts: 1
edited February 2011 in Sales
So I am trying to think of a way to really brand myself in my area. I came up with an idea to create a fake persona and advertise on LinkedIn and a local billboards. I will tell people to try and figure out who I am and submit their guess at www.example.com. If they submit my name as their guess I will enter them in to a drawing. Is this interesting enough to create buzz and get me some free press? Let me know what your thoughts or other ideas are.

Comments

• Options
    GaryBarzelGaryBarzel subscriber Posts: 1
    Is there a reason why you expect people to be able to figure out who you are? Unless you're in a very small community where everyone knows who's who, why would people take notice of it or want to waste their time with trying to figure out a fake persona. If you really want to get people to come to your site and try to figure out who you are you have to make sure that what you are offering is worthwhile for them to go ahead and do this. You have to understand that most people when seeing a billboard that says guess who or the like will need something very captivating to entice them to actually go forth with what you want. Its not like a product that's being advertised where when noticed will flash in your mind the next time you are seeking something of that caliber.
  • Options
    prostarprofitprostarprofit subscriber Posts: 6
    It's creative but I don't believe it will work from a marketing prospective.
  • Options
    unlimited22unlimited22 subscriber Posts: 1
    Create a brand around a unique product or service. The quality of the brand is as good as the originality of the approach and the usefulness of the product or service in the mind of the consumer.