WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Have you dealt with Invent-Tech?

preciousairepreciousaire subscriber Posts: 2
edited March 2015 in Protecting Your Ideas
 I have contacted my local television news, KATU 2 on your side, and told them what Invent-tech did to me. If anyone has had an experience with them, please post here or e-mail me directly at theresahumphrys@yahoo.com, they will try to bring down these thieves and put them out of business.
  Thank you for your time and help.
Theresa Humphrys
inventor of precious-aire

Comments

• preciousairepreciousaire subscriber Posts: 2
    Been there, done that, but not before they got $8000 from my grandmother. I have contacted the Attorney General in Florida where they are based and filed a complaint. KATU here in Portland can`t help much but they want to know if any class action lawsuits ensue from this so if anyone here has dealt with them and been shafted, please contact me or the Attorney General in Florida. These thieves need to be stopped!!!
  • RichRich administrator Posts: 582 Site Admin
    soon, folks, we`re going to be introducing some rock solid content for inventors wishing to commercialize their inventions through licensing. it`s so frustrating having predatory companies out there dashing inventors` hopes. however, at the end of the day, we all have to be super savvy as consumers and business people. one thing`s for sure: there`s no magic bullet, no easy way around - you have to be smart as a fox and make sure that your pennies and dollars are all clearly associated with true value being created... so sorry for your grandmother, preciousaire.
  • Stryfe01Stryfe01 subscriber Posts: 1
    Glad that I stopped by. I was looking at them today.
  • preciousairepreciousaire subscriber Posts: 2
     I`m not "smart as a fox", heck I`m not even smart as a turkey!!! I don`t know how to outwit these scammers and I`m probably going to get taken to the cleaners again. I`m in this up to my eyeballs because now that Grandma died, I have no other financial backers and I really don`t intend to `become an inventor` I just had a wonderful idea that would save the lives of hundreds of babies and I really wanted to bring it to the public.
     Invent-tech and I have a Non-Disclosure Agreement that expires 2 years from the date we signed it so it`s up in May of this year, does that give them free reign to license my invention as their own? How do I stop them? I am not wealthy, I am not savvy, I`m just a 50 year old grandmother who already lost one baby to SIDS in `84 and I don`t want it to happen to anyone else.
  • jasonburtonjasonburton subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    Your idea can be a pot of gold, so when it comes to business, make sure every unique ideas yu have made is registered and patented along with your business or company name if any. If you need help in protectig your business ideas and rights, see http://eatmywords.com/tips/choosing-a-naming-firm/ for best result.