WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Was Tesla for real?!

RichRich administrator Posts: 582 Site Admin
edited October 2006 in Protecting Your Ideas
Just saw the movie, "The Prestige".it was AMAZING! highly recommend it.but it reminded me - in all my years in inventing circles - that i never really learned anything substantive about Tesla, who also happened to be one of the characters in the movie and reminded me that i need to learn more.anyone have any insight? was Tesla for real?

Comments

• RichRich administrator Posts: 582 Site Admin
    craig,thanks so much for this! exactly what i was looking for!is this something you knew or researched and wrote here? if so, what`s your source? respectfully, i just want to make sure, before repeating this to others in the various venues where jeff and i speak, that i have a good factual basis and source.
  • EricEric subscriber Posts: 8
    I sometimes cite Tesla as a superbrilliant guy with little business sense. As Craig pointed out, he could have been Gigawealthy but he somehow managed to avoid any sort of monetary accumulation.
    I like to think that he was still able to do everything that he desired in life and that he knew all along that he couldn`t take it with him so he never bothered.

• CreativeGalCreativeGal subscriber Posts: 2
    If you want a fun book to read about Tesla, try this one:
    TESLA: Master of LightningBy Margaret Cheney & Robert Uth
    /dp/158663187X/sr=8-2/qid=1162149307/ref=sr_1_2/002-7796470- 7914416?ie=UTF8&s=books
    It`s an easy read, full of some awesome pictures, and you will fall in love with everything Tesla.  Very sad that this man does not get the recognition in our society that he deserves.
    Think of it this way, it`s possible that none of us would be here at SuN if not for him! An amazing man!
    CG
  • auntbeanieauntbeanie subscriber Posts: 0
    The Serbian-American inventor discovered the rotating magnetic field... the rotating magnetic field.

PS.  This song will took you back too remember this song from Led Zeppelin "Tangerine"... go to myspace.com.