WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

New web browser - Google Chrome

vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
Google will be launching its own web browser - named Google Chrome.

Here is their "comic book" explanation about it:

~Roland

vwebworld9/2/2008 3:10 PM

Comments

• Options
    stonesledgestonesledge subscriber Posts: 608 Silver Level Member
    Ver neat, Great for java apps!! Long comic, Thanks Roland, i actually passed it onto a client who would be interested in some of that info!!

erin
  • Options
    The link to download BETA version:  http://www.google.com/chrome

~Roland
    vwebworld9/2/2008 3:09 PM
  • Options
    bertbert subscriber Posts: 12
    It is interesting how several non-Microsoft browsers are being pushed on PC`s lately.  When I purchased my iPhone and installed iTunes on my Windows PC it automatically installed a Windows version of Safari on my PC with the Apple web site as the home page.  It came as an "update" to iTunes.  It will be interesting to see how Google pushs this techology.
  • Options
    If you haven`t tried Google Chrome yet... it is a "clean" looking browser and most web sites load faster.
    ~Roland
  • Options
    WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    Has a couple nice features .... bookmarks in the top of browser, and your main page can have thumbnailed links to the sites you visit most. However, I saw somewhere online today that a security flaw has already been found .... common for beta releases.
  • Options
    bertbert subscriber Posts: 12
    Roland, you are right.  Clean and fast.  I have now tried Google Chrome and I see it has some nice features.  I found closing the final open tab when you are down to just one a mistake because it exits the program.  Also, how it deals with installing new versions of add-ons like Flash takes some getting use to, but overall I really like it.  It definitely seems much faster than any of the other browsers I have tried.  In fact, the speed increase on my machine is like the days before firewalls and security software.