WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Okay, so I made some chang..

islandgoodiesislandgoodies subscriber Posts: 2
edited July 2008 in Website Critique
Okay, so I made quite a few changes on my website and I am in to the stage of promoting my site.  I had my site crawled by Alexa and the progress report is not so great. What am I doing wrong here? Can someone help me figure this out?

Comments

• Options
    WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member

Alexa often takes time to get a better ranking. It is based mostly on traffic stats, it can fluctuate, and I believe it only is affected by visitors with Alexa add ons in their browser.
    That shouldn`t be your first concern.
    I somewhat remember seeing your site before. I don`t get all the keywords at the top of the main page. It doesn`t look professional as it is. From an SEO viewpoint, it looks more like keyword stuffing.
    What are "local accessories"?
    As before, your product images don`t sell the product. They are too small, and there is no description for the products to tell me anything about them.

• Options
    stonesledgestonesledge subscriber Posts: 608 Silver Level Member
    Have you looked into even an open source like oscommerce?? I think you would benefit.