WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Presll to Sell More

DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
edited December 2007 in Sales
Ever since I started preselling, I`ve acquired significantly more clients.

If you sell products or services online and you`re not preselling those products or services, you`re leaving a ton of money on the table.
What`s preselling? Preselling is the art of warming up potential prospects, and putting them in a buying frame of mind before you actually send them to your website.
Legendary marketer Ken Evoy of "SiteSell" fame popularized the term "presell" and introduced it to Internet marketing.
Since I`m a writer as well as a marketing expert, my favorite way of preselling is to write interesting and informative articles about various marketing topics. Naturally, I always include a link to my website in my articles.
Why articles? Because contrary to popular belief, most people don`t go online to buy anything. They go online looking for information - an answer or solution to their particular problem. A well-written article can provide that solution.
So what`s the proper way to presell in an article?
1. Present a problem
2. Solve the problem
3. Send the prospect to your website or offline store for a "freebie" or more information.
Can`t write? No problem. Hire a professional to write your articles for you.
So does anyone else presell their products or services using articles or other mehods?

Dale King

DKing12/7/2007 9:31 AM

Comments

• stonesledgestonesledge subscriber Posts: 608 Silver Level Member
    Dale,
     That is great! AND so true. If you are developing or working on a new product or service you always want to presell it, warm folks up to it..find out the value of it with your clients, so you can tweak it to target correctly before you start the actual selling of it. You have to get folks talking about it and thinking on it before you just say, "HERE" on a platter..."Buy Me". Also a presell appraoch can help business`s realize that there may be no market value to the folks whom you are targeting and save alot of time, effort and money. Great post!

Erin
  • DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141

Dale, That is great! AND so true. If you are developing or working on a new product or service you always want to presell it, warm folks up to it..find out the value of it with your clients, so you can tweak it to target correctly before you start the actual selling of it. You have to get folks talking about it and thinking on it before you just say, "HERE" on a platter..."Buy Me". Also a presell appraoch can help business`s realize that there may be no market value to the folks whom you are targeting and save alot of time, effort and money. Great post! Erin
      Thank you, Erin! Dale KingDKing12/7/2007 1:12 PM