WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

2 Things That Worked For Me

consumertreehouseconsumertreehouse subscriber Posts: 11
edited November 2007 in Marketing
Hello everyone.I just wanted to share 2 things that I did when my site launched.1) I contacted my hometown newspaper and inquired about how I could get a write up about my business in the paper. A week after I contacted them I had a great write up in the paper which reached 30K plus in my local area. A week went by and several other large newspapers around my home state picked up the story and reran it.2) I contacted all of my home state blogs, asked them to show their support for an up an coming internet based business and within a few days I had a write up on at least 95% of the blogs I contacted, with a direct link to my site.All newspapers, publications, etc... are always trying to fill the pages. Contact them and at least inquire about it. By using both of these techniques my traffic skyrocketed within a week and I had dozens of new members sign up on my site.Just wanted to pass this along. Try it, you have nothing to lose.

Comments