WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Start up inventory

shopgirlshopgirl subscriber Posts: 2
Shopgirl here....you ain`t heard the last of me   I have lots of questions. The one that has been burning in my mind the most, however, is that of acquiring a start-up inventory for a retail store. I have been in touch with several manufacturers requesting product pricing information, as well as ordering, shipping, etc. I also have the information for a trade show. How do most small retail businesses determine and build a start-up inventory....trade shows, individual manufacturers....and how do they determine the inventory costs? Oh, I LOVE this SUNny little place...thank you!

Comments

• miabellacandlesmiabellacandles subscriber Posts: 3
    Your beginning inventory will be partially determined by how much space you need to fill with product displays, how much product you expect to sell in the near future, and how much capital you have to spend.
  • stonesledgestonesledge subscriber Posts: 608 Silver Level Member
    ShopGirl,
    I have read your posts and you sound very excited about what you are doing! That is great! I have a friend who owns and runs a retail boutique here in VA. If you are interested i can put you in contact with her. She is a savvy business women and also an attorney. I also know she is a wiz at ordering and buying and wholesale, etc. She also plans on franchising her store.Let me know and i will get you two together. Her name is Joanne and I am sure she would be willing to help.
    Erin
  • shopgirlshopgirl subscriber Posts: 2
    Thanks everyone so much for your help! Erin, I would love to get in touch with Joanne...it sounds like she would be a great resource, and I admit, the more resources and great advice, the better off I`m going to be.
    Right now, the space I am looking at, is approximately 2500 sq feet.
    Kelly