WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Hi from Maryland!

rrunnerrrunner subscriber Posts: 1
edited September 2007 in New Member Welcome
Hi there everyone!  I`m a newbie to both this site and starting my own business.  I am in the process of starting my own errand-running business named "RoadRunners"   So far I`ve read lots of books, made a simple business plan, ordered my business cards after spending 3 days trying to do my own and am in the process of getting a website going.  I am married to a husband that owns a landscaping comp. I have 2 boys ages 17 and 6.  Before getting pregnant with my second son I was a flight instructor for a small local airport near BWI.  I very much miss having a social life and want very much to be Financially independent.   So that`s my exciting "about me" paragraph.... don`t really need a page! any/all advice is much appreciated here!  ~~Bye Bye~~

Comments

• stonesledgestonesledge subscriber Posts: 608 Silver Level Member
    Hi Rrunner!
    Welcome to Sun. My husband also owns a landscape design firm. I am not to far from you ...I live in Northern VA. Welcome to SUN! SUN has some great advice to help you get going: http://www.startupnation.com/pages/start/10Steps.asp</A>.
    Erin
  • GrillCharmerGrillCharmer subscriber Posts: 7
    Hello and Welcome rrunner!!  We are so glad to have you.  My husband flies commercially so it kinda runs in our blood over here too.  I`ve got 2 little ones (2 and 4) and am also trying to "live the dream".  Post your website when it`s done, I`d love to see it!  It`s very nice to "meet" you, see you round the board!!
  • rrunnerrrunner subscriber Posts: 1
    Hi!  thanks to everyone for the nice replies!  I need some advice on networking. Question,  since my husband owns the landscape business, do you think it is o.k. to add in a business card and maybe a personal note introducing myself and my  new business along with his invoices?  Or would that be a bit tacky?  I should have my business cards  in 2 days and need to get them out there (do I send brochures with the cards or simply flyers with the cards?  I would think I`d want to hand write something to make it as personal as I can.  I know when I receive something in the mail that is hand written I`m more apt to read it. Is it normal to feel like you have a thousand things going on in your head at once????? and none of them are actually getting accomplished?!  help!
  • shopgirlshopgirl subscriber Posts: 2
    Greetings from the Midwest!
    I am Shopgirl and I am changing directions entirely, going from a nurse (great career, but I don`t determine my own worth) to an entrepreneur (have wanted to be one for years). My vision (nearsighted) is a specialty retail store, selling high-end cookware, kitchenware, tableware, cooking accessories, etc. It is going to be AWESOME! I should have my biz plan ready for presentation by the end of October. BUT, since I am new to this, any and all advice is gratefully appreciated, and so far, I am thoroughly enjoying SUN.
  • GrillCharmerGrillCharmer subscriber Posts: 7
    Welcome to the board shopgirl!  Your store sounds AWESOME.  Just the place that would carry Grill Charms!    (sorry, I couldn`t help it)
    Please do keep us posted on your progress.  The store sounds exactly like the type of store that I spend a lot of time in.  I love all things food and cooking!
  • ChristinaChristina subscriber Posts: 6
    Hi and welcome shopgirl and rrunner