WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Drafting a Proposal

ryanwithanrryanwithanr subscriber Posts: 1
edited September 2007 in Business Planning
Ok, here`s my scenario. I have a unique opportunity to really grow my business. A large, local business wants to build a business realtionship with us by contracting it`s web and print design work through us. This is huge. However, they want us to draft a proposal, basically selling ourselves and our services. This is unlike any proposal I`ve done before, due to the fact that I`m not selling a particular services, so much as I am selling my business itself.
I`m having a bit of trouble coming up with topics to include. Here`s what I`ve got so far:

Cover
ToC
Executive Summary
Scope of Relationship
About Us / Why Us
I am working on a technical page to show what we do and the tools we use. However, I feel like I may be leaving something out.
Anyone have any suggestions, or dealt with similar situations?ryanwithanr2007-9-12 0:9:30

Comments

• Options
    stonesledgestonesledge subscriber Posts: 608 Silver Level Member
    Craig is right. It is not a brochure but a proposal. This will allow them to make a sound decision about what you are offering. Timesline, exspectancies from bothparties, deadlines, who owns what etc. You can introduce them to your team, explian your capabilities, even your hours of operation and what they can expect if they need you in nonoperating hours.

Erin
  • Options
    Ryan,
    I have uploaded a propsal file that I zipped for you. This should help you with everything that you need. Here is the link: It is all in Word format. If you need any contracts specific to web design I also have lots of those, just let me know.

Erin

• Options
    Craig:
    First and foremost, thank you for the information. I felt like I hit a wall, almost like writers block. I have submerged myself into this proposal for two days and I felt like I couldn`t go any further.
    I should however have been more clear in that, what I meant by having a cover and ToC was that those are the sections that I know I need to have. I haven`t started them yet.
    Again, I can`t thank you enough, I feel like I can get back on track.
  • Options

Ryan,
    I have uploaded a propsal file that I zipped for you. This should help you with everything that you need. Here is the link: It is all in Word format. If you need any contracts specific to web design I also have lots of those, just let me know.

Erin

Erin:
    WOW! What else can I say. I can`t thank you enough for those files. I would love to check out design contract files too if you don`t mind. You can email them to me through my profile.
    Thanks so much, what a huge help.
    Ryan
  • Options
    I will go ahead and send you the link to the contract files.. Like Craig said..get that proposal going and make a big impression!

P.S. I deleted the files from my server...if you need them again, just let me know.
  • Options
    PomeroypapPomeroypap subscriber Posts: 0
    Ryan,
    Can you send me the link for your proposals?
    Thanks
    Paul Pomeroy
    Adroit Small Business Consulting Servcies