WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

How much to pay a sales rep?

tpcptpcp subscriber Posts: 4
Hi there,
How much $ per hour would you pay a contract sales rep? I am thinking $8 an hour?
It is a work from home job, they choose how many hours they work per day, and duties will be mainly making calls to potential customers via the phone and may include a couple of face to face meetings every month.
Would you also reimburse the person for telephone calls and travel?
And what percentage of commisson would you give? I am thinking 15%?

Comments

• Options
    stonesledgestonesledge subscriber Posts: 608 Silver Level Member
    Some companys pay no base, so that is good. It depends on what type of business i suppose. What do you sell? I pay even hourly employees for mileage and pay for there mobile phones. My commission based is stricly that, commission. We pay 20% commission. My husband is a Landscape Designer and before he owned his own form he worked for a large corporate company and made 14% with nothing else, no phone, gas etc..it was up to him to deal with come tax time. You have to find a line between what you can afford, what is fair and what will motivate. Sounds like you are on the right track. Are you paying health insurance, if so, you could pay less commission.

Erin