WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Business Partner, Why so Difficult?

celebnowcelebnow subscriber Posts: 4
OK, Very Simple.  I have been in business for a number of years.  This year I tried to expand, but became overwhelmed between running a brick & mortar and networking.
Does anyone have suggestions on finding a business partner without the BS?  I do not expect it to be super easy, but I am getting discouraged.
My field is Retail/Entertainment/Procurement/Corporate Gifts
Thanks for any help/suggestions
Sandra

Comments

• Options
    I am looking for a seasoned business person who can handle themselves in social situations (especially in entertainment industry). Network to build company reputation and obtain new accounts. Help market and run business to help me with day to day operations and cash flow. If you have a minute, check out my site and look at the "photo gallery" page. It has some of the jobs I landed this year, and I had to turn some down.
  • Options
    I tried that, but in order for us to land accounts and establish presence in the ciy, I need someone who will network within the community and abroad.  The managers don`t seem to care enough or be groomed enough.  I know I have tried my best to train them and have been sorely dissapointed. ( i.e. one of my managers got drunk at an event we were working.) I feel maybe if they have a greater stake in it, they would care more. The work load is just too great fo me, and I am spinning all my wheels without going anywhere.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.   Sandra
  • Options
    stonesledgestonesledge subscriber Posts: 608 Silver Level Member
    Why don`t you hire someone as manager and some equity. Make them want to grow your business. Get them involved in business groups in the community. Better yet hire two people to do the labor, train them right and you sell your business and go to networking groups and chamber mixes, etc.. You will ultimately be the one to bring your business where it needs to go. get otehrs to do the day to day.

Erin