WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

How do we do this??

opieopie subscriber Posts: 15
edited January 2007 in Business Planning
My husband has decided he would love to write informational e-books.  I agree that he does have oodles of valuable info that would benefit many people; however, neither of us know how do do this e-book thing.  Can anyone out there tell me how to make the e-book idea into a reality?  Can anyone recommend any good books on the subject of what needs to be done to get this up and running?  Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks, and happy new year!!

Comments

• opieopie subscriber Posts: 15
    Okay, so the manuscript is written, quite well, I might add.  Now, how does he actually go about getting it on the net with the shopping cart feature on the site?  How about advertising?  Please understand that he is pretty computer illiterate and I`m not too much better.  I don`t seem to know what most of you take for granted, so if you could explain to me how to get this thing up and running, and how to advertise something like this, it would just make my New Year!!  You all are fabulous, by the way, thanks for all the advice... opie2007-1-1 7:28:35
  • stonesledgestonesledge subscriber Posts: 608 Silver Level Member
    check out this site.
    http://www.lulu.com/</A>
    it is an easy online publishing solution.
    I think www.publishamerica.com</A> is another, my friend paula published a book "Fallen on my knees" there.
  • iouone2iouone2 subscriber Posts: 14
    stonesledge... Amazing place. I have compiling a personal story for about three years now. I have always wondered how I could turn it into something other than a PDF file. Even if it`s just for my own use... Now it`s incredibly affordable. Just buy my own book! 
  • stonesledgestonesledge subscriber Posts: 608 Silver Level Member
    Lulu is an amazing place. The inventor of Red hat Linux actually started it. Our company is interested in partnering with them in some sort of gateway affiliation for our women in business. I love the buisness model. Anyone can publish and promote their works.I hope that this company can inspire you to get your personal story out there. I love to write but somehow my writings are in screenplay format... I must think things should be a movie...or the format is easier for me to write in. I definately plan on using LULU to publish, promote and sell our business books once we are ready. It is on demand. The upfront cost allows basicly anyone to express themselves through not only words, but music and business brochures, seminars etc. It is a neat place, not well known yet but i have no doubt that would change. So publish away and let me know, i would love to read your book!!