WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

What do you think about my theme

kidsheadphoneskidsheadphones subscriber Posts: 1
edited July 2009 in Website Critique
Hi

I am staring up a site about hearing protection for children. Have been looking for a suitable theme but most I find are too business-like. I think I might have the one now, let me know what you think of Kids headphones . The site audience would be mainly female

Comments

• rahimrahim subscriber Posts: 0
    My pet peeve with the internet is when I go to a site, it says 5 pages. Okay, I get to page 5 and when I scroll down, it now says, "Page 6"! WTH is that! It said this site was only 5 pages and now it`s growing into 6??? No! NO! NO!
    Tell people exactly how many pages from beginning to end. Not that generic stuff, "next entries" or "next page". I want to know exactly how many pages. Most people are at work and they are sneaking a peek at your site when they`re not supposed to. If they know exactly how many pages, they can quickly get an idea as to how many pages they need to go through.

Your site should have the following: Page 5 of 7, Back to Page 4. Let people know exactly where they are on the site. If they see something on Page 3 but were just checking out the site, they won`t remember where they were when they whip out that credit card. Get rid of that generic next entries and you`ll improve your sales. People remember what page they`re on because it`s how I shop. I go through an entire site, make a mental note of the page I`ve just seen my item and will continue shopping through the site. When I`ve looked at the entire site, I go back to the page where I saw what I wanted and then get the credit card.
    You also should put on there, another one of my favorites, "View All"! I can`t tell you how fast I can shop & spend with a View All feature on a site!!! It`s AWESOME! You click View All, and you can tell at glance which one you like, which one you want and which one you`ll buy the next time. Trust  me, View All has most of my money!! ROTFLOL!!
    Again, people are shopping at work or on the run and there`s very little time on lunch or during a break. They need to be able to see all the items at once so they can pick & choose . . . before the boss comes back and catches them!
    Think about putting your site on a mobile to reach even more people. You can check out my site, lbb-training.ubik.net with PayPal buttons. This is even better because you don`t need to be in front of a computer per se. As long as your cell phone has internet access from your ISP, you`re good to go. This is one of those sites that would be perfect for those moments when you forgot to bring . . . The List!! LOL!!Rahim7/17/2009 10:07 AM
  • kidsheadphoneskidsheadphones subscriber Posts: 1
  • VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member
    My pet peeve with the internet is when I go to a site, it says 5 pages. Okay, I get to page 5 and when I scroll down, it now says, "Page 6"! WTH is that! It said this site was only 5 pages and now it`s growing into 6??? No! NO! NO!
    Tell people exactly how many pages from beginning to end. Not that generic stuff, "next entries" or "next page".

Not all sites read like a book.
  • rahimrahim subscriber Posts: 0
    When I`m at work or shopping online, I don`t have time to guess which page I`m on. If you`re a business, you need to make it easier for the customer to find what they`re looking for. Without those markers, page numbers, you`d be lost!!
    Don`t you have markers on your tape to so you where you are? How would you know where to splice if you didn`t have numerical markers to show you where? It`s extremely important to have page numbers on your site especially if you have lots of merchandise. One page or two pages maybe, but on this site, there are several pages. Apparently, you don`t shop online on a regular basis. Your comment has no merit and you`re just playing devil`s advocate on this. YOU NEED SPECIFIC PAGE NUMBERS when you`re looking at a large inventory like this one.
    Sites may not have the Page 2 of 7, but the smart sites have them. In this cutthroat world of the shopping on the internet, you`d better be one step ahead or you`ll lose your customers to your competition. Rahim7/18/2009 9:32 AM
  • VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member
    As a pilot, I know how difficult it is to find a headset the proper size for pre-teens.
    Craig - yes, teens are the big vacuum in hearing protection, but they wear adult size headphones.