WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Website Critique - First Impressions

bigprinterbigprinter subscriber Posts: 1
edited October 2008 in Website Critique
Hi,
I am looking for some critiques of my website - with a caveat.  my website
What I want is your first impression, what feeling, emotion, thoughts does it evoke.
Maybe finish this:  This place is ....
I am not looking for, at this time, functionality or design critiques.
I will explain why after I get some feedback.
Thanks.bigprinter10/22/2008 11:52 AM

Comments

• Options
    VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member
    "Oh...and I got all that in about 10 seconds."   Wow, you`re fast, Craig - 00, 01, 10.....
    (Inside joke, Bigprinter)..
    I lived in Hoffman Estates about 30-years ago.  Hard to believe it`s been that long.  (That was the edge of civilization then.  I`ll bet it goes beyond Elgin by now.)
    Anyway, my first thought about your site was that it`s pretty busy.  You cram a lot of information on the home page.  On the home page there`s at least two or more links to get to the same page.  That is likely to confuse some people.  I would recommend simplifying the landing page a bit.
  • Options
    bigprinterbigprinter subscriber Posts: 1
    Thanks guys.
    What I`m trying to determine is your initial feeling when you first come to our site.  Kind of like when you walk into a store or someone`s house.  Is it homey? Stark? Pricy? Extravagent?
    I don`t want to say to much because I don`t want to lead peoples answers.