WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

DIYDevices.com Do It Yourself Products- Website Review

BeerBongMeBeerBongMe subscriber Posts: 5
edited August 2008 in Website Critique
Hello, 
I am the co-founder of www.diydevices.com , we started this website for the DIY community. Could you please give me some feedback on the site?BeerBongMe8/28/2008 10:13 AM

Comments

• VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member
    The only problem I see with the logo is the colors. Yellow/green is a really bad background color.I had no problem navigating, but your photos really are bad.  OK, they really suck.  Most are out of focus and many don`t show all the product details.
  • BeerBongMeBeerBongMe subscriber Posts: 5
    Alright guys, I took your advice. I havent changed the logo yet.(We are in the process of getting a new one). But I did change the pictures and enhanced the navigation. Tell me what you think?
  • VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member
    Photos are much better.  If you shoot them yourself, try using more light to force the camera aperture to close more.  This will provide more depth of field of the products.  If you hired a pro to shoot them, fire them.
  • WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    Maybe it`s just me .... DIY, to me, is short for Do It Yourself .... and with that in mind, I think of books, guides or videos that show you, in basic simplistic terms, how to do something you aren`t familiar with .... plumbing around the house, automotive work, etc ..... the products you have look to me like miscellaneous hardware and devices, nothing that comes across in the standard DIY idea.
    The words in first line in the gray area look like they should be links, but aren`t clickable.Webline8/31/2008 9:19 AM