WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Website Critique

PICITTENPICITTEN subscriber Posts: 1
edited July 2008 in Website Critique
Please critique my website. I am averaging about 100 hits per day , but my sales are very low.

Thanks
Kitten aka Linda Faye

Comments

• VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member
    Linda, I generally defend white on black because my site uses it....  Try a softer looking font before you dump it.  Your artistic style is, shall we say, a bit out there.  That may be the reason for few conversions.  Congratulations on getting a hundred views a day.In the next section, I would change the all upper-case text into a bullet point list.  All caps are hard to read.Craig - Zazzle is similar to Cafe Press where people can rent "storefronts" on their parent site.  I don`t know how much control that Linda has over the HTML code, if any.
  • VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member
    ... The key is easy
    readability, and not having too many distractions with image borders or
    backgrounds.

Linda may want to try this - all of my images have a soft edge on them to blend better into the background.
  • phantomindeeaphantomindeea subscriber Posts: 3
    So it`s kind of like a Yelp for movies. I like this model better than I would an actual movie blog, I think. Just stay away from the pitfalls of sites like imdb, which are really comprehensive but can get busy on the eyes after prolonged usage. Granted, I didn`t sign up for your site so I can`t comment 100% on functionality.