WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Best Business Credit Card

JJT1216JJT1216 subscriber Posts: 2
   I`m currently working for a small business, but prior to working for them, I worked for a Fortune 500 firm as a business manager.  One of the things we did at this firm, was pay all our invoices with a credit card.  The credit card was through GE Capital and every time we used it we got 1% back for using it.  In addition, everytime we travelled we used a GE Capital card for traveling.  We recieved 2-3% back for that.
My question is, does anyone know of any cards like this out there for small businesses?   

Comments

• VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member
    I got an American Express Business Card through Jet Blue.  I don`t know what the cash-back bonus is, but I charge EVERYTHING to the card, including groceries.  In two years I have scored five free round-trip flights anywhere that Jet Blue flies.
    I realize that mixing personal and business purchases on the same card makes for more time separating them at tax time, but the free flights have been worth the extra work.
    There was a recent post here from an employee who let the company use his credit card for company purchases.  His problem was that since the credit card invoices went to the company, he thought the payments were being made.  Guess again.  The bottom line was that he couldn`t pass the payment responsibility to the company and the credit card company was now after his butt.  He and his credit were screwed.
  • BusinesswithcentsBusinesswithcents subscriber Posts: 2
    I don`t use credit cards for that reason mentioned by Videography.  I know Dave Ramsey is a huge influence on how I run my business, but I don`t like the risk in using credit cards.  If I can`t purchase it in cash, I wait until I can.
  • VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member
    I should add that I NEVER carry any credit card debt.  I may charge $5,000 in one month, but it is all paid off at the next invoice.  I treat it like cash.  If I can`t pay cash for something, I don`t buy it - credit card or not.
    I just received my Jet Blue statement today and have earned yet another round trip flight to anywhere that Jet Blue flies.  Groceries, utilities and business purchases all go on that card and the miles add up fast.  Now if I could only find a way to pay my mortgage with the credit card...