WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Does this load fast enough to keep attention?

YvetteMarieYvetteMarie subscriber Posts: 8
Hi guys,
Im out in the boonies on dial up an when theres jackalope pee pn the phone lines its even MORE aggravating to sit and wait while pictures load.  For the average person, not cussing jackalopes, do these load fast enough to keep your attention?
Id like to add a few more samples, but worry that its too long? What are your opinions?
http://yvettemarie.net/photo_gallery.html</A>
Thanks so much for any advice you can give me!
Yvette

Comments

• ChuckChuck subscriber Posts: 6
    Took about five seconds on a T1.On a separate note, it did take me a minute to figure out how to interact with the album though.
  • PokermanPokerman subscriber Posts: 5
    The image loaded fairly fast.... but I waited another minute thinking that it handn`t loaded completely, `cause all that was there was an image. 
    Wizards first rule:  People are stupid.  We need to be told what to do or it needs to be obvious (and obvious to some is obscure to others)!  I clicked the image (mouseover text said click to activate) then i waited... and waited and nothing happened. (Wizards wrote the first rule with me in mind).  I just happened to run the mouse over the lower right hand corner, which started the page flip....  it still took me a while to realize that I had to actually click the image in the lower right corner to make the page turn.
    A next and previous icon under the image would have been much more discoverable.  Perhaps a little bit less asthetically pleasing but at least I wouldn`t have spent so much time waiting for something to happen.Pokerman2007-1-18 11:40:44
  • YvetteMarieYvetteMarie subscriber Posts: 8
    Thanks guys!  Yep.. on the finished page I intend to put a click here down near the bottom (( gee..woulda been nice to tell YOU guys that huh?))  Im sorry!
    You`re entrepreneurs, you nuked it out! LOL
    Yvette

• EllayEllay subscriber Posts: 6
    I`t`s cool and loads very quickly!
  • VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member
    (( gee..woulda been nice to tell YOU guys that huh?))  Im sorry!If you had provided instructions, then you wouldn`t have gotten the feedback.  Then it would have been your customers who were frustrated.Speed was OK.
  • ujeansujeans subscriber Posts: 1
    Wow that`s a really cool site.  I love how you can twist the page and pull it from the top/bottom/middle.  It loads quickly.Did you do the programming yourself?Thanks!
    actually I didnt do it  myself.. well ok.. sorta I did. ;c) I got the template from here: dex.asp I stayed up late trying to figure out how to edit it to add more pages, and ended up emailing the owner of the site and she responded right away, and was wonderful!  They h ave a lot of cool stuff for designers too.

Yvette
    Thanks Brian.  Im taking your word for it and its been scrapped... my pile of trials is getting so big Im going to have to rent out a room to store it in.  Back to the drawing board.. I`ll show you what I come up with!
    Thanks for the links.. Ive used coffeecup stuff before.. a GIF animator a long time ago.. good to see em again!
    Thanks for your time...
    Yvette