WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Who do you listen to??

PeerSightPeerSight subscriber Posts: 7
Jim Leyland of the Detriot Tigers was recently asked if he listens to the advice that the fans so readily give on talk shows, newspaper columns, and sports message boards. He said that he mananges for the fans.... not with the fans and that a manager that manages as advised by the fans soon becomes a fan.
I enjoyed his comments because they speak to leadership.....however on the flip side of the coin they got me to thinking about all of the advice we as entrepreneurs receive as well. And while we as owners of our businesses are the ultimate decision makers we can`t just ignore all of the advice.
So my question is (I knew you were asking so whats the question Steve?) how do you select which advice to listen to and which to ignore? How do you make sure that you are not listening to those that only tell you what you want to hear?
Anyway would be interested in your opinions.
Thanks
Steve

Comments

• PeerSightPeerSight subscriber Posts: 7
    I thought you might like to see this. In addition to posting the question for this thread....Who Do You Listen To? Or is it Whom Do You Listen To? Anyway I posted this question on several other forums....to get the best combined wisdom on this very challenging issue.
    I have posted a summary of the themes that ran through all of the posts and the urls of each of the other forums on our blog. You can find it at all at http://blog.peersightonline.com/</A>. Good stuff
    Thanks to all of you who commented...thus far.....or is it this far.
    Enjoy
    Steve
  • espeedespeed subscriber Posts: 3 Member

I thought you might like to see this. In addition to posting the question for this thread....Who Do You Listen To? Or is it Whom Do You Listen To? Anyway I posted this question on several other forums....to get the best combined wisdom on this very challenging issue.
    I have posted a summary of the themes that ran through all of the posts and the urls of each of the other forums on our blog. You can find it at all at http://blog.peersightonline.com/</A>. Good stuff
    Enjoy
    Steve

Hi Steve,
       This is Tom from YoParts. Funny we keep bumping into each other on forums.  I am looking forward to my first Peersight Advisory board meeting.  I will be posting a thread regarding it after.
  • espeedespeed subscriber Posts: 3 Member

Enjoy
    Steve
  • PeerSightPeerSight subscriber Posts: 7
    Tom
    Good to see you out here and run into you again. I am delighted that you are part of PeerSight and I too am looking forward to Tuesday`s kick off board meeting.
    The group is a good group of ambitious growth oriented small business leaders. I think you`ll add a lot of value as well as get a lot of value from them.
    I know that this thread is not about PeerSight or peer advisory boards but I am always amazed at the collective wisdom that is found when ever a group of people like this gets together. Anyway talk to you on Tuesday.
    Steve