WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Workshops as a Marketing Tool

Jenn4Jenn4 subscriber Posts: 2
edited July 2008 in Marketing
What about giving a workshop on your business (real estate, home improvement, catering etc.) as a way to draw initial interest? I have a contact who has a start up virtual workshop company (considering the cost of gas and all the rising prices getting people interested in your product/service from the comfort of their home seems like a sound idea) that I would be happy to share the contact information with anyone who is interested.

Comments

• DCCSCSDCCSCS subscriber Posts: 6
    Jenn-
    I`m not really sure I understand what you mean.  Is it a company that helps you go to people`s houses to pitch your product? or is it a company that goes to people`s houses to get them interested in attending a demo of your product?
  • Jenn4Jenn4 subscriber Posts: 2
    This is a virtual website company (which itself is a startup) If you have a skill or service that you can give a great workshop on then this maybe a way to get your name out there.  Everything is done online, a great way to reach people now that gas prices are keeping everyone home.
  • Jenn4Jenn4 subscriber Posts: 2
    Thank you virtualsidekick that was an awesome post! We are just a startup. We want to make this online workshop site work. We need people to teach. Learners are out there, people who want to teach are a little harder to find. We are open to all those who want to explore using our workshops as away to get the word out about there business.
    You are right we don`t want long sales pitches, we want good classes. We want repeat business both teachers and students.
    We are just in the alpha stage of development for our site, like I said the students are out there, we need the teachers.

My boss has an introductory site for teachers to meet up and talk with him in more detail at http://diy.meetup.com/11/