WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Selling a food product in Ca, From Nc,

1newstart1newstart subscriber Posts: 1
edited November 2006 in Selecting a Business
 I would like to bring a cooked meat product that I know would sell. I would have to sell in bulk because 20 lbs is the least almount I can buy  at a cost of $ 260 and  $1 2.85 to ship. I think the best way to start would be to start with a sample and from there build my customer list.   HELP!!!     

Comments

• asykesasykes subscriber Posts: 3
    This sounds like a job for some intensive selling.Try convincing local restaurants and the like to take the product on.Speak to as many people as possible about the product.And keep speaking, you might not convince them the first time around, but the more they hear about it the more they`re going to want to try it for themselves!Good Luck.
  • CandeeCandee subscriber Posts: 0
    You could also check out some local festivals, holiday craft shows, upcoming events that you could set up a booth and give free samples. Have a brochure ready to hand out with the sample.This is a perfect time of year to alot of "happenings". Advertise it as an alternative Thanksgiving or Christmas dish.
    The idea from ASYKES to go to local restaurants is very good, especially popular Mom&Pop diners.
  • stevesteve subscriber Posts: 14
    I would like to bring a cooked meat product that I
    know would sell. I would have to sell in bulk because 20 lbs is the
    least almount I can buy  at a cost of $ 260 and  $1 2.85 to
    ship. I think the best way to start would be to start with a sample and
    from there build my customer list.  
    HELP!!!     Let me get this straight. This
    cooked meat product is available in North Carolina and not currently in
    California. It would cost you $260 for 20 pounds, or $13 a pound, plus
    shipping. Are the numbers I`m reading correct? I`m curious what cooked
    meat are you talking about? What do you hope to sell it for? What would
    your profit have to be to make it worth doing?