WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Need to decide on a business name

I am going to open up a kids/teens bookstore / learning center. The learning center will focus on writing and reading enrichment courses. I`m creating a trendy, contemporary atmosphere (non school like) with the best books, a coffee/smoothie bar, and comfy spots for hanging out. I`m trying to think of a name that will appeal to tweens/teens that has a contemporary ring to it, won`t turn off boys, and gives a hint as to what it`s all about. Please help me decide. Here are some names. I`m also open to new ideas. All of the names would have a subtitle: Bookstore and Learning Studio (or Center).
Which one?
Young Writer`s Studio (My original and favorite. Is it too limiting if I have to change my course?)
Innovations (Does it make sense?)
Storybook Studio (Is it too young? Will it turn off boys?)
Word Up (???)
Wondrous Words (Too flowery?)
All the Rage (Will they get it?)
Bottega (means the studio of a master artist)
Story Boutique (Too girly?)
The Inkwell (???)

Comments

• ChicLadyChicLady subscriber Posts: 4
    How bout:
    the exploratorium
    Book Blast!
    The Learning Center
    The Center

Thats all I could think of....

Best of luck to ya!
  • maeintexasmaeintexas subscriber Posts: 4
    Great thoughts. The Write Zone has potential. The reason I chose "studio" over "workshop" has to do with school. Writer`s workshop is commonplace in schools for teaching writing. I want to move away from feeling like you are at school. My original concept is a writing studio for kids who love to write, but it`s such a unique idea that I have no way to ensure it would fly. This is why I`m combining it with a bookstore. I`m also considering cash flow, so I will offer various courses and events. My primary target audience is ages 8-18, although I`ll make sure I have events and programs for little folks during the school day (can`t waste space). My secondary target audience is teachers. It`s a literary hangout...)
  • maeintexasmaeintexas subscriber Posts: 4
    My 15 year old son came up with "Plot Poppers." LOL!
  • SpeedJunkyzSpeedJunkyz subscriber Posts: 2

I am going to open up a kids/teens bookstore / learning center. The learning center will focus on writing and reading enrichment courses. I`m creating a trendy, contemporary atmosphere (non school like) with the best books, a coffee/smoothie bar, and comfy spots for hanging out. I`m trying to think of a name that will appeal to tweens/teens that has a contemporary ring to it, won`t turn off boys, and gives a hint as to what it`s all about. Please help me decide. Here are some names. I`m also open to new ideas. All of the names would have a subtitle: Bookstore and Learning Studio (or Center).Which one?Young Writer`s Studio (My original and favorite. Is it too limiting if I have to change my course?)Innovations (Does it make sense?)Storybook Studio (Is it too young? Will it turn off boys?)Word Up (???)Wondrous Words (Too flowery?)All the Rage (Will they get it?)Bottega (means the studio of a master artist)Story Boutique (Too girly?)The Inkwell (???)
     I think the names you came up with are great !!The ones I like best are BoteggaInnovations The Inkwell
  • spicegirlspicegirl subscriber Posts: 0
    Might be fun to get the very kids you`re trying to attract to name it.  Maybe you could do a focus group and bounce your ideas off them, plus have a brainstorming session on the name at the end once you`ve vetted your ideas.

Good luck!
  • justryingtohelpjustryingtohelp subscriber Posts: 2
    What a fun concept of getting people into books and writing.  There`s some interesting statistics here about books sales and reading habits in the US http://www.parapublishing.com/sites/par ... istics.cfm

Some name ideas: 

Biblio Tech

AuthorIzed

Word Alive

Creative Cafe

Writer`s Camp (instead of cramp)