WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

How to Promote Your Business Online

Comments

• cdbartworkcdbartwork subscriber Posts: 11
    Thank you. I joined Ning a while back, guess I will have to check into this again.

Colleen
  • nuSenonuSeno subscriber Posts: 6
    Can I post an on Craiglist in different states?

I under the individuals on CR are looking for a deal, however it is free advertising......
  • ZekeLLZekeLL subscriber Posts: 22 Bronze Level Member
    You can post in different states. But be careful with the "free" myth. Nothing is really free. If you spend 10 minutes a day posting on Craigslist every day, that`s 50 hours per year. Let`s say your time is worth $20/hour, that`s $1,000. If you made $10,000 from Craigslist, great. If you made $500 you`ve lost money.
    Nothing is free.
  • cdbartworkcdbartwork subscriber Posts: 11
    Janie:

I will let you know.

Colleen
  • nuSenonuSeno subscriber Posts: 6
    Zekell Thanks for the info,  My website will be live the 1st week of December.  I have ads lined up for local magazine, Google Ads words, CR list, and local radio.  All with promo codes to determine the one that most profitable.

MBJ
    Good job MBJ! Let me know if you need any help. Good luck with your launch.
  • iyazamiyazam subscriber Posts: 33
    Here is a great tool that can help with online social networking:

Check it out  - this will help you focus on your niche marketing and its a good way for building links.

I still think anyone who is looking to get started online should join the The Thirty Day Challenge!

• SandyPISandyPI subscriber Posts: 8
    I still can not seem to get any one interested in Confadate.  Every one that I speak to at net working events thinks the pre date  and personal hiring background checks is a great idea, but so far not much business.  With todays economy the way it is crimes of opportunity is on the increase...this is one way to avoid becoming a victim...what am I missing? The web site is http://www.Confadate.com
    Sandy,
    Do enough people know about your business? If not, that might be the problem. If several people had the chance to learn about it but didn`t sign up, it might not be a good business.
    People telling you it`s a good idea has zero value. People reaching out for their wallets is the only way to tell whether you have a good business opportunity.
    There is a famous story that goes like this. At a focus group the coordinator asked everyone if they would buy their new widget at $20. Everybody said yes. So the guy said "great! I happen to have many with me right now, so do you want to pay cash or with a check?". Everybody started backing out, giving excuses, etc.
    It doesn`t matter how great people tell you it is. The only thing that matter is people willing to pay for your product.
    O.K. Would you be willing to pay $25.00 to be sure that the person you are thinking about hiring ...say a contractor, a nanny or a housekeeper.... is a sexual predator or a career criminal before you allowed them near your valuables and family?

Thanks, I will give it a try.

That`s what I am talking about. If you asked me that, I would say "of course I would". But chances are that next time I hire a contractor I won`t use your service. And it`s a fantastic idea! All I am saying is don`t count on a business to work just because people tell you that they will buy your services. You know it`s good when they actually start giving you their money.
    Also, I would never say that people can be sure that the person is not a sexual predator. Just because the person doesn`t have records it doesn`t mean that they can`t do something bad. That could bring you legal problems.
    How many visitors a day does your website have? That might be the problem. I can also tell you right now that your web copy needs a lot of work. Let me know how many unique visitors a day you get and how you get them and I`ll be more than happy to help you.
    Yes, go to http://www.Confadate.com  I am on just about every web site that I can find including Ryze (which is mainly for women.) Fabulously 40 (another site for women) Linkedin, and many others. Recently I joined the board of Over60Exchange.com a site for re-inventing life after 50.  I go attend as many net working events locally that I possibly can...any suggestions of something that I have not thought of (and I am sure there is a few) will be GREATLY appreciated
    How many unique visitors a day do you get?