WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Hello everyone. I need a little advice if you don`t mind.

ChikeChike subscriber Posts: 2
edited October 2008 in Business Planning
Hi, i am going to start a greeting card business which is highly tailored towards teenagers and 20-somethings. I am using software very similar to photo shop to create the images and I am coming up with all the text myself. The images are very good its just that I`m not too sure what quality of paper that people would be willing to actually pay for. The only thing that I can think of is printing this stuff on construction paper that I could grab from CVS or something. Also where do you think the best place for me to initially sell these cards at would be?

Thanks for any input you have.

Comments

• DefMallDefMall subscriber Posts: 2 Member
    Chike -

sounds like a little market research is in order.

Do 20-somethings buy greeting cards? (I`m not syaing they don`t I honestly don`t know!)

If so, what KIND?  Birthday cards? Sympathy cards?

The rave these days sems to be those e-mail-able cards from Blue Mountain and the like.
    The 20-something crowd is very tech-savvy, so you have to be sure you are not investing your money in Buggy Whips.

Once you know who is buying...and what they are `really` buying...you can start thinking about where to sell them. In other wirds, the market for Birthday Cards will have a different place of advertising than the market for Graduation Cards or Sympathy Cards, I believe.

• ChikeChike subscriber Posts: 2
    Thanks for the advice  guys.
  • SandyPISandyPI subscriber Posts: 8
    Kids today are all into recycling. How about this idea, instead of cards the kids will have to snail mail, have you thought about launching a web site with e-cards that will appeal to younger people? Many kids that may want to send cards but can`t drive to the local card store.  With a card web site just for them, they can just go to the web site and design a card then email it. 
     The main problem would have to be payment.  Kids under 18 would have to get an adult to sign up for them and register a credit or debit card.    Just an idea...good luck with what ever you do.