WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Internet Lawyer in LA area to draft TOU and help setup startup?

schindyguyschindyguy subscriber Posts: 1
edited April 2009 in Protecting Your Ideas
Sorry if this is the wrong area to be posting this question in, but its my first post on the site...
I wanted to find a lawyer in the Los Angeles area to help me:
-Trademark the name of my new startup
-Draft a terms of use and/or privacy policy
-Help me understand any liability, copyright, infringement, IP, and insurance issues
-Figure out stock purchase agreements
I am sure a M and A lawyer or `Internet lawyer` would be what I need, but I was wondering if anyone had specific suggestions for getting these things done....maybe you have a better suggestion than spending $5k to get this stuff done with a lawyer. The sites functionality is very similar to craigslist/kijiji/gumtree so I have temporarliy used their TOU as a skeleton for what I think it should contain.
Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Options
    patentandtrademarkpatentandtrademark subscriber Posts: 103
    pay the lawyer now, or pay the lawyer later.
  • Options
    LSnyderLSnyder subscriber Posts: 0
    Schindyguy,

Our firm is not located in Los Angeles, however, we do assist people with startups, trademarking, terms of use, privacy policies, etc., all over the United States.  I do realize this is quite costly, but in the long run hiring an attorney to protect yourself is definitely your best bet.
    Should you decide to travel this route, and there is anything that we can do to assist you in your venture, please give our office a call or send me an email.
    Good luck to you.

Kindly,

Lisa Snyder
  • Options
    pay the lawyer now, or pay the lawyer later.

ya thats what I already know...but
    what type of lawyer should I be looking for if you cant specifically tell me one? any suggestions for finding a good fit or determining the best one for what I want to do?
  • Options

Schindyguy, Our firm is not located in Los Angeles, however, we do assist people with startups, trademarking, terms of use, privacy policies, etc., all over the United States.  I do realize this is quite costly, but in the long run hiring an attorney to protect yourself is definitely your best bet.Should you decide to travel this route, and there is anything that we can do to assist you in your venture, please give our office a call or send me an email.Good luck to you. Kindly, Lisa Snyder

Thanks I will look into your firm, however because laws vary by state (and I am in CA) I would prefer someone at least in CA to help me handle this.
  • Options
    LSnyderLSnyder subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi Schindyguy,

That is understandable. Why don`t you take a look at our website; www.informationlaw.com 

Our firm is familiar with the laws in the various states, but I understand that you may feel more comfortable being able to meet with an attorney face to face.

Should you change your mind, we offer a free 1/2 hour consultation.

Good luck to you in your business venture!

Lisa