WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Is a business plan necessary for a DVD

beachgerebeachgere subscriber Posts: 2
edited December 2008 in Business Planning

I filmed the entire coast of Florida and made a DVD. In my search for an investor, I have been asked for my business plan, which I do not have. Is a business plan necessary for a DVD. The DVD is of an extremely popular location since 85 million +  visitors are coming to Florida now. Is any place quite like we can imagine before going there, most will say no when they visit Florida. It’s a large place that has much ground to cover, so I simply cover it all on a 2 hour DVD……….Does a typical business plan apply for marketing such a DVD?  Because I looked over many business plan categories at the SBA website and I cant find any that applies to my DVD. If you can give me advice on this, please email it to me, gerald at TourFloridasCoast dot com

Comments

• beachgerebeachgere subscriber Posts: 2
    OK, I revamped my investor page..........maybe you can understand it a little better now. Honestly, I dont expect anyone to just believe everything I say but I have all the proven facts to personally show someone but they will have to come here and meet me, besides thats the only way any investor will ever see my dvd. I won`t ship my masters to anyone. I am seeking about $200k, that buys a bus, wraps it, and keeps it in fuel while i am on the road.....I bring the only dv of its kind to the table and it cost me $100,000 I already spent on equipment, permits and filming, oh yea, editing and authoring in house or else it would of run me another $50k to hire an editor
  • RetiredMember5RetiredMember5 subscriber Posts: 0
    Doesn`t really sound as if you will need a business plan given most business plans are merely written for funding purposes and the banks.  However, there are some inexpensive and free templates in our FREE entrepreneur guide.  Check it out.