WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Adsense Site Targetting?

theswaynestertheswaynester subscriber Posts: 15 Bronze Level Member
Hey all searchers...I was reading about Google Adsense`s new site-targetting feature. I think it`s still in beta. Advertisers can choose what sites their ads are seen on.My question: does anyone know if the publisher of a more popular site gets more revenue if there`s greater demand from advertisers to place ads on the site?I really can`t find that answer in the faqs.I appreciate any help you can offer.
The Swaynester

Comments

• advernationadvernation subscriber Posts: 3
    adsense is great for content sites, but if your selling something no way
  • KagjgeveKagjgeve subscriber Posts: 0
    For advertisers -- and especially traditional brand marketers -- the name of the game is brand engagement and association. When purchasing ad space, advertisers focus on three elements of a website: quality of content, physical placement of the ad unit, and ad unit size.Let's face it, advertisers are all about attracting user interest. When selecting places to advertise online, they look for sites that incorporate high quality and unique content in combination with good navigation, layout and features. It goes to reason that if users like the site, then advertising on these sites will build positive brand association or "positive brand karma".
  • JaraseyoJaraseyo subscriber Posts: 0
    First, a bare-bones explanation of the program. Using site targeting, AdWords advertisers can enter their CPM (cost-per-thousand impressions) ad directly into their site's ad auction. That CPM ad will compete against the CPC (cost-per-click) ads in the auction -- and if it wins, it will run in place of the CPC ads that would have otherwise appeared. As an AdSense publisher, you get paid for each impression on that ad, rather than for each click.
  • BomeyojBomeyoj subscriber Posts: 0
    Yes, we obviously encourage you to try Onsite Advertising and believe it will only add to your site monetization. However, if you decide you'd like to opt out in the future, you can do so at any time within your adsense account
  • MavofutMavofut subscriber Posts: 0
    One of the ways ads are targeted to AdSense publisher websites is through placement targeting. Placement targeting allows AdWords advertisers to choose specific ad placements where they'd like their ads to appear. An ad placement can be an entire website or a specific sub-set of ad units within that site, such as only ad units on a site's sports pages or all ad units at the top of the page.
    Advertisers find ad placements in several ways, including by listing websites where they'd like to advertise or by searching for placements that match the themes and topics they'd like to target.
  • anushkachhakrabartianushkachhakrabarti subscriber Posts: 219 Silver Level Member
    One of the ways ads are targeted to AdSense publisher websites is through placement targeting. Placement targeting allows AdWords advertisers to choose specific ad placements where they'd like their ads to appear. You can also define your own ad placements using specific sub-sets