WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Computer Repair

amcompsolamcompsol subscriber Posts: 6
edited February 2012 in Business Planning
I have started a small part-time computer sales and service business, primarily service.  I am starting to consider opening a store location.  I would input from anybody on their experiences and suggestions of what I need to do to make this a reality.

Comments

• robertjrobertj subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    There are many things to take into consideration when opening a hard site store. How important will the location be? Convenient for customers? Do you intend to generate walk in customers? etc.
    First of all - opening a store location probably takes it out of the "part-time" category - so I would "run some numbers" to see what they say.
  • babyjoy214babyjoy214 subscriber Posts: 2
    Hello!
    Before opening a store you should really consider first the odds that involve it, I mean think of the financial/start up costs, the maintenance, the rent, how long or how many months can you stand if the business isn`t that good and all. Consider also the competition if there is one.
    My point is, you have to be ready for everything.
    Goodluck!
  • NuevolutionNuevolution subscriber Posts: 30 Bronze Level Member
    I have started a small part-time computer sales and service business, primarily service.  I am starting to consider opening a store location.  I would input from anybody on their experiences and suggestions of what I need to do to make this a reality.

Why not offer In home computer repair? save yourself the rent/ lease and other bills that are associated with your business
  • cubemonkeycubemonkey subscriber Posts: 11

Why not offer In home computer repair? save yourself the rent/ lease and other bills that are associated with your business

I agree, see if you can generate some customers first. Instead of paying for rent you can put that money towards driving and picking up the equipment from them. Maybe offering that will be of interest to people.
  • amcompsolamcompsol subscriber Posts: 6
    This much I am already doing

I agree, see if you can generate some customers first. Instead of paying for rent you can put that money towards driving and picking up the equipment from them. Maybe offering that will be of interest to people.
  • ginnycrandallginnycrandall subscriber Posts: 0
    I think it's definitely a good idea for any computer repair company to be home-based and then go to your customers. This will save them a lot of time (if you can keep your appointments) and will be more convenient, also as they will be able to see every thing you are doing. www.advancedtechinc.com
  • softonsalesoftonsale subscriber Posts: 0
    Instead of paying for rent you can put that money towards driving and picking up the equipment from them. Maybe offering that will be of interest to people and see if you can generate some customers first.