WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Have you used TV for advertising?

SnowflakeManSnowflakeMan subscriber Posts: 3
edited September 2006 in Marketing
Hi
I`m just intrigued - How many SuN members have used TV to advertise their business or product?
Thanks
Lee

Comments

• Options
    digitalvision313digitalvision313 subscriber Posts: 3
    I haven`t used television for myself, but I`ve worked quite a bit on the
    television side of things before I turned entrepreneur, directing, producing,
    and doing technical work.

For instance, since I am a business services company, probably the last thing
    I want to do is create a TV commercial. It`ll speak to the wrong audience for
    me. However, if I sold a consumer-oriented service (such as roofing), it
    might be a very good idea in a local market depending on my target work
    area. It also, in my experience, is very good for brand recognition and
    reinforcement.
  • Options
    SnowflakeManSnowflakeMan subscriber Posts: 3
    Hi Digivision
    I agree - you need to have a good product for tv to be the right avenue. Needless to say if you get it right, the potential is probably around 10 times anything else

• Options
    amacgi1amacgi1 subscriber Posts: 2
    Hi Guys,
    Never used television advertising myself, but did come across an interesting new business the other day through a blog. It`s called spotrunner and it helps small businesses buy television advertising (during primetime, latenight whatever you`re looking for) at reasonable prices.
    I think you should be able to find it at www.spotrunner.com</A>.
    I`ve never used it before and I think one of the downsides is that you can`t create wholly original ads but interesting none the less.
    Andrew