WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Where to sell my service?

smartsitessmartsites subscriber Posts: 5
edited February 2008 in Marketing
I`ve seen these websites where you can buy and sell websites but I have a service that allows you to create your own website so I don`t really qualify for those sites. I`m wondering if anyone knows of a marketplace where I can advertise or promote my web building service. Has anyone tried the blog ad networks? I`ve had no luck with forums, craigslist or ebay. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• acedroacedro subscriber Posts: 1
    I would search around for do-it-yourself genre websites as well as portals such as AOL, MSN and other well known sites that newbies to the internet and the not so tech savvy frequent.
  • smartsitessmartsites subscriber Posts: 5
    Thanks for the comments. Let me answer a few and hopefully this will help you help me.
    Many hosts do offer their own web builder but the problem their is you have to host with them and you are limited to what that builder is setup at. There are only a few the web hosts use and they are limited.
    The difference between mine and their`s is the fact that you can host it anywhere. You can also integrate ANY design and it`s dead simple. Sites like Office live and others are just so basic.
    What happens when you grow and want to do more with your site? Well with the others you pretty much have to start over with a new solution. With ours you can upgrade to more powerful features.
    So to recap the big difference between me and them is mine works with ANY design and it can be hosted anywhere.
    The other is I allow you to build your site first and if you like it then you can order it.
    I will ftp it to wherever you want or you can choose to host it with me.
    When you say interactive how do you mean? Basically you choose a design from over 200 designs and it creates a site. You can then login to the backend and add pages and content and see it live on a sub domain.
    Craig,
    Thank you so much for taking the time to review my service and for your very insightful advice. It`s really neat when someone else sees the vision that you have. Everything you have said in terms to what my service is has been dead on. I will take your advice and start promoting with your suggestions. I still wonder if there is a market place just like their is for websites and domains where I businesses are looking for web sites or even web designers. Because it`s so easy to integrate ANY design this could be a great service for a web designer because they can integrate their designs quickly and offer this to their clients.
    When I talk about web designers I`m talking in terms of them using my software to offer their custom design with a web editor. Let`s take a simple 5 page website. A web designer has to design 5 pages. Now let`s say the client wants a 6th page. The web designer has to create a 6th page but then he has to go through the other 5 pages and add a link to the new 6th page. With our software he just creates one page which is the master layout and the client can add as many pages as he/she wants. It can be for beginning web designers.
    Anyways I like your idea about starting a new topic that`s more about what I have and get the users on here opinions and support.
    Let me start a new post now.
    Thanks
  • stonesledgestonesledge subscriber Posts: 608 Silver Level Member
    I would focus on the bigger picture... offer this as a license to hosting and similar companies. Maybe target specific industries. There are so may niche sites looking to grow there online base and your service being integrated ito their offerings may be a "smart" boost for them. It also may be less of an investment for them to build their own. Look at the medical sector..i would target this first..it viable even in this economy. We ( my software company) offers a similar product for the real estste industry. I can show you a live application of a client who is using our custom software. We sell it as a license. We are adapting the application now to suit other markets and we have had a good response. I think that your difference is the hosting elsewhere where as godaddy and other web builder services have you host with them. Can they edit this easily at any time and then upload it directly to there host?

Erin
    stonesledge2/24/2008 11:56 AM
    Thanks for your advice. Can you please elaborate on what you mean by the medical sector? An example would help me understand better.
    Thanks
    The medical sector: Private Practices, Medical technology Providers. These providers offer the medical sector abilities to transfer ( because they are outsources radioly, readings etc) small tech bits to transfer data. BUT alot of them are looking to also license web creation services that would work with there applications for their client practices. Look up encrypted and medical data transfer over the net to find these service companies...I think they would be intersted in integrating a service such as your to offer their clients. This could streamline their process. Alot of these companies are not web companies and need a built to go application to inegrate their bit applications into. If this could be done, as an add on with your service I think, you could have an in. Find a niche, whether medical, industrial, engineering, real estate etc...and start building up the base of licensors. It would help to see your actual application. You can PM me, if you want.
    Yes, that can be a problem. But the templates could be customized per licensed client and be specific. The technology is already created and custom template packs could be upsold.
    Yes, Erin is right. I can setup custom branded builders with custom templates for any industry and give that industry the ability to sell or even give away websites branded with their message. These are things I would like to get into as I get a good base built.
  • rusmanrusman subscriber Posts: 7
    I think this is a really, really good idea. In fact, I could use this service right now! I`m struggling with either building my own site myself, or paying lots of money for a pro. I had decided I`d give it a try first, but I know that pretty quickly I need to get a pro to do it. This sounds like I could use it right now and be happy with the results!
    One thing I would suggest, without seeing your site in action (i searched and couldn`t find it) is to offer a web instructional video. You may not need it if it`s that easy!
    I also agree with the suggestion for offering e-commerce packages. You could probably script the installation of the free carts (zencart, oscart, etc), but this will require a bit more implementation on the customer`s side if they move web hosts.
    Hi, I`m sorry you couldn`t find my site. It`s at http://craigbuilder.com What`s nice is it`s gets you up and running and if you need a little help it`s not going to cost you a fortune. Check it out and let me know what you think.
    Also I`m working on some video tutorials. Even though it is easy to use it`s still nice to watch something.
  • rusmanrusman subscriber Posts: 7
    I did find it, after I found the other thread you posted.
    My thought on the "easy to use" thing comes from my current boss: "If you make it idiot-proof, they`ll build a better idiot".