WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Selling Tips That Work for Women

DeniseMMDeniseMM subscriber Posts: 6
I`ve found a few little things that I say in a selling situation can really help to move the conversation forward in a positive way - and these statements and questions don`t seem hackneyed or pushy. Of course you have to judge when is the appropriate time to say them - and it has to come from a sincere and authentic place inside you. But if you feel a little tongue-tied in selling situations and don`t know what to say - these simple sentences can help a great deal."I`d love to work with you.""Yes, I really believe I can help you.""When would you like to get started?""Does that make sense to you?""Does that sound fair to you?""Let`s get started, okay?""Help is on the way."When the customer has said yes: "You`ve made the right decision and I`m going to help you."
My friend Althea, a very successful Realtor says one of her favorite things to say is, "Press hard.  There are four copies."Next time you`re in a selling situation - give these simple sentences a try. Oh, and when you ask a question - be quiet. Don`t go rambling on. Give the person time to think and reply. Yes, that silence for a few seconds is uncomfortable - but it can make the difference between getting a new customer and not getting one.All the best,Denise MichaelsAuthor, "Testosterone-Free Marketing"
Get the book at http://www.tfmbook.com</A>  PS: I`m looking for one very special woman who`s serious about her business, tired of the confusion and overwhelm around marketing and who wants and needsmy mentoring help. Is this you? Have you been curious but just didn`t quiteask me yet? Are you ready to make lots more money? Send me a message for details.

Comments

• Options
    DeniseMMDeniseMM subscriber Posts: 6
    Sure - that would make sense.  However over the last five years I`ve mentored over 1,200 people in marketing - about half of them women and asking "closing questions" like this is incredibly difficult for most of them and then to add a little gasoline to the fire is the fact that most things related to selling and marketing were developed by "testosterone-heavy" guys and they really are different and communicate differently than we do. 
    So one of the big things a lot of women need to get past first is to realize that it`s okay to ask.  You`re supposed to ask.  This is business.  You`re not waiting for a date to the prom. Yet women were taught not to ask - for anything. That was considered "not nice." 
    While you may pooh-pooh the idea of having some gentle, easy questions in the back of your mind to ask - my experience and the sales of thousands of copies of my book has taught me that things aren`t always as simple as they seem. 
    All the best,
    Denise Michaels, Author, "Testosterone-Free Marketing"
    Get the book at http://www.tfmbook.com</A>