WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Birthday Wishes - The Nerds Way!

dejangodejango subscriber Posts: 1
edited July 2008 in Website Critique

HappyBirthdayDomains.com launches a unique eCards platform for cool birthday wishes on a personal domain. Know a David/Casey/James or hundreds of others popular given names? Make their [birth]day!

Check it out at: http://www.HappyBirthdayDomains.com

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    WebsitesUnleashedWebsitesUnleashed subscriber Posts: 4
    I understand what your trying to do but I don`t think it will work unless you have a strong idea of the perfect market that would choose this over the obvious competition. Renting a domain for $8/day is pricey considering I could buy a possibly better name for just $2/more for the entire year. The only way I can see this working is by targeting the ill-informed mothers and by giving them a very easy interface to customize the greeting message. I recommend you reevaluate your business options and where you see this going. Yes crazy ideas can go wild (eg. million dollar homepage) but a large majority never go anywhere.
    As far as the site design, as this is a site critique forum, I like the presentation but I would make the logo go to the all names list or brief description page. Also make the all names link right under the logo or bigger in general. It would probably increase conversions if there was a brief 2-3 sentence description at the bottom. You could still keep the flashing names, but people like Craig may not know what its about or what to do without some more information.
    Lastly, I noticed one of the pages had a picture, but it was HUGE and not formatted right. Make it easy for buyers to upload a picture and resize it appropriately, and never larger than a 1024x768 viewspace.
  • Options
    SiteFlipAcademySiteFlipAcademy subscriber Posts: 0
    Hey just visited your site, what is the site all about? Is it for the list of names only?
  • Options
    dejangodejango subscriber Posts: 1
    Thanks a lot for the great feedback and my aplogy for the late response.

We already made several changes to the site based on your comments and also changed the model to FREE. So now users can create a 24 hours happy birthday wish on our domains using a very easy wizard.

Thanks again,
    The HBD team