WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Intermediate Shape-A-Cake Website Critique

KateGKateG subscriber Posts: 12
edited April 2008 in Website Critique
I`m posting a lot about my website, but you guys keep giving good advice!

As I mentioned in another forum, I have hired some designers to design my site, but things are going slowly.  I spent the weekend getting a version of the website up that accepts paypal instead of accepting credit cards like the final site will.  I have told the designers that I like most features of this site, so they can just cut and paste code or modify my source code to get it to accept credit cards on the site itself.

That being said, I would like any input that any of you have before they complete the design.  They will be making at least these 2 changes to the site as it stands:
- the picture on the bottom of the home page will be a little different
- the contacts page will include a form instead of an email address.

www.shapeacakeclay.com

Thanks in advance!

Kate

Comments

• Options
    SiteFlipAcademySiteFlipAcademy subscriber Posts: 0
    Hello there, I just checked out your site and it`s looking good. I like your gallery interaction it`s easy to browse and has great info about the product.
  • Options
    KateGKateG subscriber Posts: 12
    Thank you!  And thanks for all of the help up to this point.

Craig - I like your idea of putting a video link on the front page.  I`ll try to incorporate that.  I absolutely agree about the video quality.  Same could be said for the gallery pictures.  It`d be nice to have a professional cake decorator and photographer.  Looking forward to the day when the budjet allows for that!

SiteFlipAcademy - thank you.  I used a gallery from jalbum.net.  I`ll start a post about it.  It was extremely user friendly, with a lot of nice gallery options and it was free.

Kate