WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Amerilawyer or Legalzoom for Incorporation

simplysanriosimplysanrio subscriber Posts: 4
edited February 2015 in Selecting a Business
Has anyone used amerilawyer or legalzoom to form their corporation?  I`m incorporating in CA as an S corp)?  Any feedback on their services would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    patentandtrademarkpatentandtrademark subscriber Posts: 103
    hire a lawyer or do it yourself directly with the state - avoid costs associated with legal zoom.  fill out the form - that`s all they do and all they can do.
  • Options
    simplysanriosimplysanrio subscriber Posts: 4
    Thanks both for your replies! 
  • Options
    john23john23 subscriber Posts: 0
    I`ve used both to form two of my companies.
    they both provided a good end product, which is an incorporation service. But the problem that I had with legalzoom, is that they are not attorneys. i had a bunch of questions for them and they could not provide legal advice?? that`s because they are not attorney`s but a document generating service. I fealt kind of misled since they have a photo of shapiro on there.
    complete opposite with amerilawyer site. they are real attorneys and they will answer all your questions. I fealt really empowered after speaking with them. I recommend them completely, plus they provide a more affordable service.
    Johnjohn232007-10-3 13:6:38
  • Options
    bizbuddybizbuddy subscriber Posts: 0
    I`ve used legalzoom and bizfilings.  I prefer bizfilings.
    Legalzoom does the job but they have so many "partnerships" fielding the sales calls becomes a burden.
    If you have the time just go to Ca. Sec of State portal, performa name search, print out the forms, file them yourself.  Much cheaper.  You can get the by-laws at a big box office supply store. 
  • Options
    john23john23 subscriber Posts: 0
    I haven`t use bizfilings yet.
    the thing that i liked about amerilawyer.com is that they customized everything for you. the articles and by laws were very thorough. plus you get to ask all the questions you want from one of their attorneys. i was impressed with the service. the funny thing is that you could never ask bizfilings are "shapiro" any legl questions. they won`t answer them because they`re not a law firm. and that`s why i was impressed with amerilawyer. I really fealt confident after finishing my consultation with the attorney. (thanks Mr. Hardy)
  • Options
    infinique1infinique1 subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    LegalZoom is a really great company to work with. Their support and advise is really prompt and good.
  • Options
    TaylorzachTaylorzach subscriber Posts: 0
    I have used Amerilawyer for my clients and myself and found it to be excellent. As a CPA with many attorneys as clients I am shocked at what they charge for an incorporation. Give them a call. You won't regret it.
  • Options
    AlbertRodAlbertRod subscriber Posts: 0
    When I wanted to get incorporated as an LLC in Florida, I did some research and found Amerilawyer.com on the Internet. I was impressed with Amerilawyer website because they had a whole lot of information available. Amerilawyer.com is organized to take a business from inception to exit. All the planning, employment agreements, trust planning, wills, etc., are taken care of in one place. I also like the General Counsel Club. I pay one small fee a year and I can pick up the phone and talk to them about anything.