WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Drive traffic to my site

ReillyReilly subscriber Posts: 2
Hello,

I need some help getting eyeballs to my site.  I have keywords, meta keywords, google adwords, submitted my site to probably 30 free directories (and am waiting to hear back from them), exchanged links with about 50 other websites, and I have a blog.  I revised the body/content of my products and have included internal links in product pages as well as on the homepage.  But, I feel like I`m getting no where.  I feel like I`m missing how to get my site out there and I really need help.  Oh, I also advertise on coupon sites to drive traffic that way.  I don`t know how to get inbound links to my site and I don`t want to keep pouring money down the drain with google adwords.  I`ve researched competition (and although there may be alot), they seem to be ranking so much higher than I am with less quality websites and higher prices.  Please help!  I`m really at a loss here and I don`t know if I need to hire someone for SEO Optimization or not? 

Here`s my site:  www.beautifulweddingfavors.com

Sincerely,

Jackie Reilly

www.beautifulweddingfavors.com

Comments

• vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    Jackie,

Using Yahoo store can limit what can be done for SEO. Your site does have a good number of back links listed on Yahoo..BUT none listed on Google.

Your site is indexed by Google which is good.

What are your targeted keywords/phrases? You home page has so many different ones, it will be hard to get good search results from any of them - except for "beautiful wedding favors" Which is also your domain name.

Submitting to directories -  make sure that those directories do not have "nofollow" links. Also, that they are search engine friendly and not banded.

What do your web stats show? What`s the amount and sources of your traffic? Examine your stats to see what is and is not working to generate traffic.

You might consider creating specific landing pages (SEO) focused on one or two keywords... and link them to specific products.

Interestingly, the favorite icon for your site is Yahoo`s icon.

FYI, exchanging links does not help you as much as in-bound links from quality and related websites.

~Roland
    vwebworld12/30/2008 1:07 PM
  • axerayaxeray subscriber Posts: 0
    Patience is the key.
    Generating traffic takes time and it doesn`t happen over night.
    If you continually do the right things it will happen for you.
  • WebJunkyWebJunky subscriber Posts: 8 Member
    focus on creating quality content. each web page should be optimized as much as you can and focused on a high ranking keyword in your niche.  create them over time and watch the traffic rise. it does take time so be patient.  work on other link building strategies when you are not creating content.
  • WebJunkyWebJunky subscriber Posts: 8 Member
    yes speaking of which i forgot to mention earlier that although good content is key to seeing long term results, traffic is just not all about SEO. it is also about internet marketing. your ability to market well online will make a big difference to your success and traffic results...
  • kunalkumkunalkum subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi,
    Your site does not seem to be working. Can you check if that is the correct URL
  • williammark34williammark34 subscriber Posts: 0
    There are numerous factors for this purpose. Optimize your site as per the search engine. Updating your site content is also very important on the regular interval of time. Use social bookmarking sites to get much benefits.
    ______________SEO Swindon
  • perfectionhperfectionh subscriber Posts: 0
    Promoting your business web site was a very easy process.There many creative way to increase the traffic on your website.Driving traffic to your site is an organic process that takes time and one that never really ends. focus on creating quality content,Meta tags, and best title & keywords are improve traffic on your website.
  • top5videostop5videos subscriber Posts: 0
    From my personal experience, the best way to get more and more traffic to your website is to do video marketing, created with the help of <a href="http://www.top5marketingvideos.com/">professional video maker</a> for better attraction among customers.
  • ankit007ankit007 subscriber Posts: 238 Silver Level Member
    concentrate on making quality substance. every website page ought to be streamlined as much as you can and concentrated on a high positioning watchword in your specialty. make them after some time and watch the activity rise. it takes time so be understanding. chip away at other third party referencing systems when you are not making content.
  • RockpapercopyRockpapercopy subscriber Posts: 5
    Hi, plenty of good replies here. I noticed Jackie's website is down, but it doesn't mean we cannot share more helpful tips for other users.
    I personally like to draw a distinction between A traffic and THE traffic. A traffic comes from random sources: competitions, link submission, business directories etc. THE traffic [relevant traffic that leads to sales] is generated by targeting a very narrow customer base. let's say if you are selling hair extensions, you would want to get ladies who are searching for hair extensions online to visit your website.
    How do you find these communities? By doing a ground work customer research first. Define clearly your perfect customer: gender, age, location, occupation, social life, budget, hobbies etc. The more detailed, the better. Once you know what they like and where they like to hang out, make sure to be visible in these places [establish your presence in the online discussion groups your target customer joins, team up with an Instagram Influencer they follow etc].
    Hope that helped!
  • vivekshuklavivekshukla subscriber Posts: 130 Silver Level Member
    Few tips for creating organic traffic for your website are -

Target Your Content to an Audience Likely to Share.
    Participate in the Communities Where Your Audience Already Gathers.
    Make Your Blog's Content SEO-Friendly.
    Use social networking platforms to Share Your Posts & Find New Connections.
    Conduct Keyword Research While Writing Your Posts.
    Guest Blog.
    Participate in Q+A Sites.
  • PhillipsPhillips subscriber Posts: 68 Bronze Level Member
    To drive traffic,best you can do is to start with strategies which will genuinely drive traffic such as Hybrid Email marketing.I would like to suggest you an online marketing tool called Easysendy Pro,which offers multiple SMTP's to send bulk email to your audience in less time which gives you genuine traffic and good business leads.
  • anushkachhakrabartianushkachhakrabarti subscriber Posts: 219 Silver Level Member
    Advertise.
    Get Social.
    Mix It Up.
    Write Irresistible Headlines.
    Pay Attention to On-Page SEO.
    Target Long-Tail Keywords.
    Start Guest Blogging.
    Invite Others to Guest Blog on Your Site.
  • saravanansaravanan subscriber Posts: 389 Silver Level Member
    Share each new blog post across your social media networks, including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Google+ and Pinterest. If you spend time cultivating your networks and share great content, social media sites can become some of your top traffic sources.