WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Project management software for managing virtual teams?

melcoachmelcoach subscriber Posts: 1
Hello fellow efficiency seekers,
I`ve been researching online project management systems for virtual teams. I personally will be implementing one this week and would like to hear if anyone has experience with one of these tools below (or one they like better.)
Our key criteria is:

Easy to use
Low cost
Can utilize templates for recurring projects
Can associate team member email for updating them on their tasks
Can generate simple views of each person`s overall tasks and projects
Has a simple view that overviews a list of all current projects at once
Has a report to view late tasks and current tasks at a glance
Ideally, but not essential, it will also:

Interface into Microsoft Outlook (a stretch, I know)
Provide hours allocated per resource
Have a way to keep project overview and documentation with the project plan
We are looking at:

Base Camp (www.basecamphq.com</A>)
Smart Sheets (www.smartsheet.com</A>)
TeamWork Live (www.teamworklive.com</A>)
SugarCRM (an open-source code project management tool that resides on my server. -- http://www.sugarcrm.com/</A>)
We are not planning to use Microsoft Project as I`m familiar withthat program and find it too overwhelming for the types of projects we run.
We have 8 - 12 people who work on projects for me at any given time and the most important thing we want is to be able to map out every project with deliverables, deadlines and a way to automate the tracking of these deliverables being completed.
Once I test this out, I`m going to be incorporating my top 3 picks into my training program for entrepreneurs called Virtual Team Building Secrets So regardless of what I pick, your feedback will be very helpful for a lot of entrepreneurs out there.
Thanks for your input!

Comments

• SunnyDaysSunnyDays subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi Melanie,
    have a look at this one : .htm

• melcoachmelcoach subscriber Posts: 1
    Thanks everyone for your input.
    In case someone else stumbles across this later and wants to know what I decided, I`ve selected BaseCamp. I also decided to use Sugar CRM for our customer tracking. I realized they truly handle different functions.
    Thanks!
  • saravanansaravanan subscriber Posts: 389 Silver Level Member
    Trello is an online visual planning and collaboration tool that works for virtual workgroups. It’s a simple and lightweight app that delivers the basic and core project planning needs of many teams. It uses a kanban style of management and organization of your boards that you can use in any way you like whether it’s for projects, tasks, or schedules.
  • DartSmartAdminDartSmartAdmin subscriber Posts: 3 Member

There are multiple software available to manage team. The tool as developed by Smart Admin enhances collaboration and work coordination. It has inbuilt tool to boost team’s productivity. The time tracking, task creation, project estimate are its main components in improving team performance.

The importance of team management for an organization:

1.      Effective team building

2.     Productivity booster

3.     Promotes learning

4.     Employee satisfaction

5.     Increased performance