WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Still Seeking More Clients

shayla2004shayla2004 subscriber Posts: 19
edited December 2007 in Marketing
Hi, all! Despite my huge influx of clients, I am still seeking more clients interested in receiving marketing/PR consulting via the telephone (I can handle the demand and PayPal helps with financial transactions.)
Does anyone have any ideas of how I can increase my client base? I always direct people to Samples of Our Work, which I need to update as well. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
    Shayla, please don`t take this the wrong way, because no offense is intended. But if I were a potential client reading this post and I happened to be looking for PR services, I personally wouldn`t have any confidence in a PR firm that can`t even figure out how to increase their own client base.

Perhaps others might have a different viewpoint on this matter. But that`s mine.

Dale King
    DKing12/12/2007 1:16 PM
  • Options

Shayla, please don`t take this the wrong way, because no offense is intended. But if I were a potential client reading this post and I happened to be looking for PR services, I personally wouldn`t have any confidence in a PR firm that can`t even figure out how to increase their own client base.  Perhaps others might have a different viewpoint on this matter. But that`s mine. Dale King

I understand your concern. However, I have established a great client base.  I was just merely seeking other ways to expand.
    People may have different ideas that I may have not even thought of. I enjoy reading what works and doesn`t work for others. That`s how I personally learn and grow.
    Isn`t SuN a place to learn from others and exchange ideas?
    Shayla
  • Options
    DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
    Thanks for not being offended! My position hasn`t changed, but I understand where you`re coming from. And yes, SuN is indeed a place to learn from others and exchange ideas.

Dale King
    DKing12/12/2007 2:35 PM
  • Options
    IMO these types of postings come across as a little spammy (Please send me clients! I have tons but I need more! Here`s a convenient link to my portfolio!). You have 17 threads here on SuN in which you participated, and every single one is started by you -- it`s a little self-serving, if you ask me. Participating in forums is not about you, it`s about community and collaboration, giving before asking. And true PR people are tired of getting a bad name from those in their industry that are breaking the rules.
    I`m sorry to sound harsh, but this was just one post too many.

I truly understand the concern. However, I have been offering free marketing and pr advice to more than 40 SuN members who have emailed me and called me. You can only type and explain so much on the boards; therefore, individuals contact me via phone. But I understand, I will slow down my posting. Thanks.
  • Options
    "Offering free marketing advice to 40 SuN members" is not the point, and neither is slowing down your posting. If you have so much advice to give out for free, why not post in other people`s threads to help them out, make yourself look good, and help more than one person at a time? I could give out free tap dancing lessons to 40 people on SuN, but it`s really not going to get them anywhere. I give out tons of free information as well, like right here. But none of that is the purpose of a forum ... the purpose of the forum is not to get people to call you so you can talk with them on the phone enough to upsell them, but to share ideas and discussion in an open format. It`s like sitting at the table at a networking event ... do you make conversation or just hand out your card and tell people to call you later?

Well, I will start doing that. However, I don`t like being accused of "upselling" people because I am definitely not conducting business in that way.