WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

How to license a SERVICE business

jacklight1jacklight1 subscriber Posts: 1
I have been doing research on franchising vs. licensing and want to learn more about licensing a service business. Im stuck and haven`t really found too much information on doing such. Also, if anyone knows of a service business that is licensed, please list them so that I may research them. Again, licensed service businesses only, not franchised service business. Thanks in advance and I look forward to all replys.

Comments

• nevadasculnevadascul subscriber Posts: 3 Member
    Hi,
    If you are talking about a business license, Here is a general rule from my state licensing board.  A business offering a tangible product (basically a solid object) for sale has to get a license.  Further, anything done by said business to generate profit requires the business to have a license.  IE., putting an ad in the newspaper.
    It depends on the type of service you are offering also.  In my state, a writer does not have to have a business license.  But a company that runs a carpet cleaning service may be required to get a local license.
  • jacklight1jacklight1 subscriber Posts: 1
    No im not talking about a business license. Im asking how to license a service business, like you would license a product. I would be the licensor and would sell to licensees?