WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Hello to everyone & call centers for order taking

paulinepauline subscriber Posts: 1
Hello everyone, I am brand new to this forum, and I must say before I registered, I spent couple of days, 8 hours a day (well, night actually), reading every single post and article.  Great site, I am so excited I found it. 

About me, I run several websites specializing in apparel, and it turns out, I can no longer take all customers calls (about 40-100 day).  As someone else said (sorry, can`t find the post), "you should either manage your bisness or grow it".  Well, I`ve decided to grow it, and while with the help of relatives and couple of students I`ve hired, I`ve been doing in-house fullfillment, I can`t any longer take all calls.  I am missing business, and I can`t do anything during the day, but take and fullfill orders. 

So, my question is, has anyone outsourced order taking (and customer service) to call centers, and if so, would you provide me with some websites, price info, quality, etc...

And no, hiring someone inhouse is not an option, first, we all work out of my house basement, and second, I tried, and got burnt - person simply did not answer phone, instead, I kept paying firm salary..

So, to wrap this up - I need a reliable call center.  Please help.

You guys rock, I am in the forums every day since I found SuN.

This is also to respond to a post whether adding a phone number to your webpage increases business - since I started without a number, and now I do have a phone number on my contact form, my experience is - BUSINESS TRIPLED.  So did work though.
pauline6/18/2008 12:39 AM

Comments