WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

HOME & GARDEN SHOW (SPONSORS)

JPSJPS subscriber Posts: 2
edited December 2006 in Marketing
Hello Nation,
I have a space in a Home & Garden Show that cost me $1000. We are going to showcase our Outdoor Kitchens. I can  install and use any brand of barbecue grill, fridge and sink equipment in our outdoor kitchen systems because our units are all custom built.
The question is- How do I get the manufacturers of the equipment to supply their equipment to place on our display and cover the cost of the space?
Thanks for your input.
JPJPS2006-12-25 23:32:42

Comments

• StuartCalgaryStuartCalgary subscriber Posts: 1
    Hi JP
    When it comes to getting manufacturers involvement, two things immediately come to mind.
    1.  What is the ROI for them - couple of weeks, months...at $1000 I can not see it taking too long.  Get your manufacturers to pick up the tab to push their products.  We do this in the IT industry, where we will go to a security event for example and Cisco will pay for the event for us.  In turn they get their name out, they have someone loyal to Cisco pushing their product and it is a win for them and for us.
    2. Basically point 2 in inline with point 1...just ask them.  Give a manufacturer exclusivity at this event at your booth space.  Develop a strong relationship with their reps and they will become your best friend.
    Cheers
    Stuart R. CrawfordCalgary, Albertahttp://www.calgarysmbshow.com
  • JPSJPS subscriber Posts: 2

Stuart,
    Thanks for the input. I`m trying to calc ROI so I have an idea what they can expect, but not knowing their % mark-up even at wholesale, it`s a grey area. Thanks again, I`ve got to get to work on the realtionship.
    Regards
    JP