WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Selling to retail stores; what works best?

Cheryl13Cheryl13 subscriber Posts: 1
edited September 2007 in Sales
Hi!
I don`t know if this is the right place for this question, but I was wondering; I want to import a killer beauty product for a facial, I know this product for seven years now, because I use it myself and I kept on ordering it from overseas, but what I thought was: I want to distribute it to a drugstore chain (in the Netherlands, where I live), how to handle this best? The drugtore chain has 250 stores throughout the country. What I know about this product is that it is high quality. I can`t find any detailed info on this on the web. Can anybody help me? What will the people from the drugstore chain be critical about?
Thanks,
Patti

Comments

• Options
    Thanks Craig for your reply.
    The reason the drugstore chain isn`t importing the product themselves is because they don`t know it. It is produced in Singapore. Why would they buy from me and not the source?; First of all, I would be the sole distributor for this country, second; it is possible for me to put the product under my own label (which I am considering), so it would be very difficould, if not impossible to track down the source. And even if they did, I would be still the sole distributor for this country, which I was planning to put in a contract. I didn`t mention this in my previous post, but I have thought about this. You see, the Singapore people speak English, but they don`t speak Dutch and don`t know the habits of this country which would make it very difficult for them to approach the drugstore chain themselves, the other way around the drugstores have never heard of this product or the Singapore company that produces it. About the wholesale prices, I can get volume discounts and wholesale prices, my idea was to put a little percentage ontop of the price, which (minus some other costs) would be my profit. I have calculated and made sure that that price is still low enough for them to make high profits off it.
    But my question is still; what will the people of the drugstore chain be critical about?
    Thanks,
    Patti
  • Options
    You gave me some real pointers here; mainly about the logistics, which I now have to figure out myself.
    Thanks,
    Patti