WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Solar LED Technology - Architectural & Landscape Lighting

jhuanger629jhuanger629 subscriber Posts: 4
edited April 2013 in Elevator Pitches
Hey Everyone,We aren`t looking for funding, but I wanted to hear the community`s thoughts on our Solar LED line of products. We`re really trying to educate consumers and greenbuilders about the advances in solar technology and hopefully rid solar lighting of the stigma of well...being solar lighting.*key features - self contained (no excess wiring)- solar panel removed from view for aesthetics- no battery, uses supercapacitor technology- made in Japan- 10 year manufacturer`s warranty with 25+ year expected lifetimeThe units simply charge during the day and illuminate at dusk via a photosensor.Our latest feature was in treehugger which single handedly increased traffic dramatically!http://www.treehugger.com/files/2007/10 ... _years.phpActual site is www.solarcynergy.comWould love to hear your thoughts and I can send you a few youtube reviews if interested as well.Thanks in advance!

Comments

• johnqhjohnqh subscriber Posts: 4
    I would use it...but it seems to be awfully difficult to find the price. You don`t sell it on your site, and I don`t want to dig through the distributor`s site.
    Since it is self-contained with no wiring, why not sell it online?
  • jhuanger629jhuanger629 subscriber Posts: 4
    Thx guys for the reply. We`ve decided to go through the manufacturer`s rep route first as we`re hoping to be specified in large architectural projects. However, our line is carried by a few high end etailers.There is a lot of technology within each unit and thus, the retail price point is higher than your traditional light (thus shocking a good majority of customers). However, we hope that as we educate the public and specify a few largescale projects, retail clients will see our solar LEDs as actually quite a good deal.As an example, Ylighting.com carries a 6pack of the rsc100 line in the $800  range. We do also offer incentives to interested parties who are willing to share project images (before and after or lighting is added) for promotional use.I guess in a nutshell, mass online retail and big box retailers will come into play a bit later down the line.
  • RobAdams4CEOSpaceRobAdams4CEOSpace subscriber Posts: 1
    I am using a product very similar to this right now. I love them. This is the direction we should go. GO SOLAR!
  • ethanonwebethanonweb subscriber Posts: 0
    Residential and commercial landscaping designers. Custom designs that enhance any home or business. Serving southeast Michigan