WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Just an idea, but would it work?

customscreensavercustomscreensaver subscriber Posts: 1
edited February 2007 in Sales
Hi there, I`m new to the site and forums, so please bear with me whilst I find my feet, but I have an idea which I think could be used to generate additonal sales, principally from exisiting customers but there has t be some sort of potential, so I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this .....I create customised screensavers for small businesses, and have created some recently with RSS feeds built into them, so that assuming the PC is still connected via BB the RSS feed is displayed in the screensaver when the PC is idle in the office etc.So, my sales idea is to have a businesses customers download and install the screensaver, having a direct RSS feed promoting that particular businesses top selling products, EBay listings etc etc or even latest forum postings, in the RSS feed.  Obviously some nice fancy Flash will be used within the screensaver as well based around the business logo / site design / colour scheme etc.What do you think?  Would it work?  Anyone interested as a result of reading this disjointed message ?Coments / suggestions appreciated.ThanksAllan

Comments

• Options
    tpcptpcp subscriber Posts: 4
    Hi there,
    I think it is a good idea - it sounds like something I`d be interested in actually. I just did a search for custom screen saver and not much came up. The couple that did come up looked kind of old fashioned - not very `pretty` or professional looking. Your service sounds as is it could take it to the next level.
  • Options
    Hi there,
    I think it is a good idea - it sounds like something I`d be interested in actually. I just did a search for custom screen saver and not much came up. The couple that did come up looked kind of old fashioned - not very `pretty` or professional looking. Your service sounds as is it could take it to the next level.Thanks for the quick reply, and the interest, certainly makes me feel a little more confident If you (anyone else interested) wishes, please feel free to download http://www.customscreensaver.co.uk/samp ... os.org.zip this one has an RSS feed taken from a Portuguese phpBB forum, with a simple Flash version of their logo.  Its fully installable, give it a try - it can be uninstalled via the Control Panel.Comments appreciated.
  • Options
    No-one interested at all?  This is a perfect advertising medium to use on a clients idle PC.