WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Social Networks for Conferences

tonystubblebinetonystubblebine subscriber Posts: 1
edited November 2007 in Website Critique
I built a social networking company, CrowdVine, that lets anyone create a social network in a matter of minutes. We`re getting ready to launch a secondary product built on top of it, Social Networks for Conferences.http://www.crowdvine.com/conferences/
When you add a social network to a conference you add an incredible opportunity for the attendees to build professional relationships and networks at your event. We`ve tested the software at ten conferences so far, and the response has been consistently great.
Now we want to turn it into a product with a clear story. Unfortunately marketing isn`t our strong point (we`re two people with software engineering backgrounds). Design is a bit of a challenge also. We had a professional designer for our last product, but I did this one myself.
My questions for the SUN community are:
Does it appeal visually?
Does the product make sense? Do you understand what to do if you want to add a network to your conference?tonystubblebine11/6/2007 1:38 PM

Comments

• SandraPSandraP subscriber Posts: 3
    Tony,

The concept is definitely intriguing and it is visually appealing. I think I enter a conference name and hit "start" to get started?

Seriously, I am a rookie in this area and would like to know more but I need a visual and I think a lot of people are this way. Maybe a guided tour?

I think you are on to something there, though - good luck!

~SandraP
  • tonystubblebinetonystubblebine subscriber Posts: 1
    Sandra, thanks for the feedback. We have two services and I think that`s confusing. We have a simple self-service option for conferences with limited budgets who want to try something simple, and we have a full-featured service where we do the site setup, customize it to look like the existing conference site, and provide a community manager to build the online community before the conference.