WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

More Tagline help needed

roughdiamondroughdiamond subscriber Posts: 1
edited September 2007 in Marketing
Greetings!!  I am new to the site and have just started the work on launching an independent consulting company.  In short, my business will revolve around training and development of people via workshops, retreats, and in house sessions.  

The name of my company is..
Rough Diamond Business Solutions LLC
(Like a diamond in the rough)
I am struggling with a good tagline that further clarifies what the company does. 
I would like it to emphasize that we will specialize in people development.
My first, and rather rough stab so far was "Bringing brilliance to your business" or "Bringing polish to your employees"

I dont really like either and decided to turn to the awesome expertise that I`ve seen here so far.

Thank you all for any help you can lend me. 

Comments

• GrillCharmerGrillCharmer subscriber Posts: 7
    Hello and Welcome RoughDiamond!  I usually take a stab at these tag line challenges and most of the time I think mine come out pretty corny.  That doesn`t stop me however from giving it a try, so maybe you`ll find a F1 in my words, or maybe just a lump of coal, but here goes nothing....
    I actually like both tag lines you have listed, so maybe even combining them
    Bringing Brilliance to your Business and Polish to your People

Training to make your people a "cut" above

When a little polish is all your business needs

Clarity through training

Our goal is to make your business "flawless"

Working with you on every "Facet" of your business

I`m a chick... so I got a little carried away with the diamond theme  Hope this helps a little!!!

One more....
    Providing the tools to help your business shine
  • roughdiamondroughdiamond subscriber Posts: 1
    Awesome!!  Thanks Grill Charmer!  You gave me a lot to work with!

I appreciate it very much
  • SandraPSandraP subscriber Posts: 3
    Hey Grill Charmer, I think you are on to something! I really like: "Bringing Brilliance to your Business and Polish to your People!"
    ~Sandra
    Ooooo, good one jillybeans!
  • johnqhjohnqh subscriber Posts: 4
    Sorry, but I think all of those tag lines are too vague.
    Why not tell your customers exactly what you do?
    "Employee training to better your business"
    If you has a more detailed focus, it would be even better. For example
    "Retail employee training to better your bottom line"
    I used to use those vague tag lines too, until I went to a SBA class and went through the painstaking process to get concrete.
    Vague and fancy taglines are OK if you have a famous brand and people know what you do already, that would be fine. However, for a small business, that`s your first chance to tell people what you do. A vauge tagline doesn`t tell your potential customer anything.